The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OvtsiderHeart
Do you guys think it will be a problem? Should I say something to the Unis? I just kept getting an error during the payment transaction :frown:

Ucas has some flexibility over the deadline if they can see you were on the submit page at the deadline.

Ring ucas first thing tomorrow (if they’re open over the weekend) and ask them if your application was flagged as “on time”.
I would contact ucas to see the status of your application. Unfortunately, universities aren’t obliged to give late applicants equal consideration. So, perhaps contact your uni choices if you are late because some have strict policies against late applicants.
Original post by PQ
Ucas has some flexibility over the deadline if they can see you were on the submit page at the deadline.

Ring ucas first thing tomorrow (if they’re open over the weekend) and ask them if your application was flagged as “on time”.

Huh thats interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I'll do that! :h:
Original post by marygrace123
I would contact ucas to see the status of your application. Unfortunately, universities aren’t obliged to give late applicants equal consideration. So, perhaps contact your uni choices if you are late because some have strict policies against late applicants.

Universities don’t determine whether an application is on time or late and many will not receive all on time applications for a few days.

There’s little point contacting universities (they’re shut for the weekend anyway).
Original post by marygrace123

okay I will try that
I'm in the same boat I still cannot pay until now:frown: it keeps saying error
You do realise that when you click Pay and send it doesn't go directly to UCAS? It goes to your school / college who then need to add the reference and then submit it. If you are a private candidate and have an independent referee who has already submitted the reference then it might be ok.
Original post by audreypamella

Fingers crossed buddy! :smile:

Keep trying. If you can use a different credit/debit card from a friend or family member.

Then as above contact ucas and ask them whether your application was flagged as on time or late.
Original post by bamtutor
You do realise that when you click Pay and send it doesn't go directly to UCAS? It goes to your school / college who then need to add the reference and then submit it. If you are a private candidate and have an independent referee who has already submitted the reference then it might be ok.

The reference part was complete before I payed for the application, Does it count?
Original post by OvtsiderHeart
The reference part was complete before I payed for the application, Does it count?

It’s fine.
Are you a private candidate, or through school / college?
Original post by bamtutor
Are you a private candidate, or through school / college?

School candidate, but in my school, students usually complete applications on their own much like private candidates.
Yes, but if you apply through your school it goes to the UCAS administrator (who could be any teacher / Head of dept or Admin staff) when you click pay and send. They have to then send it on to UCAS. If they had checked it all in advance and it was ok they just have to click send. Hopefully that was done ok, but it depends on what time they go home. Im guessing it should be ok otherwise your tutor would have been chasing you to submit it earlier.
Original post by PQ
Keep trying. If you can use a different credit/debit card from a friend or family member.

Then as above contact ucas and ask them whether your application was flagged as on time or late.

I've tried using 3 cards now and it says this

"If it is subsequently discovered that you did not have authority to make payment using the credit or debit card whose details are entered, we will cancel your application.

Do not refresh the page or use the back button while we process your payment." I'm so confused
I've tried using 3 cards now and it says this

"If it is subsequently discovered that you did not have authority to make payment using the credit or debit card whose details are entered, we will cancel your application.

Do not refresh the page or use the back button while we process your payment." I'm so confused

Follow the instruction and do not refresh the page or use the back button.
Hi! I had a similar issue this evening. I tried to pay (and it was a few mins before the 6pm deadline) but I repeatedly got a message saying that payment was unsuccessful and I’d have to wait two minutes before trying again. Therefore, it says on my account that UCAS received it at 18:02 but had the payment worked the first time it would have went through on time. Super frustrating! Will this be counted as late? Hella stressed :frown:(
Original post by ymerrakech
Hi! I had a similar issue this evening. I tried to pay (and it was a few mins before the 6pm deadline) but I repeatedly got a message saying that payment was unsuccessful and I’d have to wait two minutes before trying again. Therefore, it says on my account that UCAS received it at 18:02 but had the payment worked the first time it would have went through on time. Super frustrating! Will this be counted as late? Hella stressed :frown:(

You’ll probably be fine (ucas don’t want to risk the lawsuits from their systems causing an applicant to miss the deadline).

Ring ucas when their phone lines are open again and check whether your application was flagged as on time.
Original post by ymerrakech

I hope it doesn't cause any problems for the late people squad. I sent mine 5 minutes late 😐

Latest

Trending

Trending