The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Talk on Plymouth University

Hey all,
I’ve had an offer for the University of Plymouth and I am strongly considering it as one of my top options. I was wondering if anyone else is considering Plymouth and to speak about accommodation and student & night life just to see if Plymouth is a good choice for me,
THANK YOU :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey all,
I’ve had an offer for the University of Plymouth and I am strongly considering it as one of my top options. I was wondering if anyone else is considering Plymouth and to speak about accommodation and student & night life just to see if Plymouth is a good choice for me,

Hi, I firmed with the University of Plymouth the other day to study BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science in September. I haven't chosen my accommodation yet, but I'm inclined more towards Francis Drake and Mary Newman. I don't know what the student or night life is like there; I imagine it would be a good idea to ask students who are already studying there as they'll have a better idea. I chose the University of Plymouth more for the course itself, but Plymouth and the surrounding areas are absolutely stunning, so it's a win-win scenario for me.

What do you want to study?
Adele
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Adele_H
Hi, I firmed with the University of Plymouth the other day to study BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science in September. I haven't chosen my accommodation yet, but I'm inclined more towards Francis Drake and Mary Newman. I don't know what the student or night life is like there; I imagine it would be a good idea to ask students who are already studying there as they'll have a better idea. I chose the University of Plymouth more for the course itself, but Plymouth and the surrounding areas are absolutely stunning, so it's a win-win scenario for me.

What do you want to study?
Adele

Hey Adele, thank you for the reply
I’ve received a offer for children’s nursing but still currently waiting for other offers but I think Plymouth is where I want to go because it does seem like a super lovely university and the location looks fab just a bit nervous cause I’m not from around Plymouth !! Also I’m hoping to book pilgrim for accommodation
Reply 3
Hey Adele, thank you for the reply
I’ve received a offer for children’s nursing but still currently waiting for other offers but I think Plymouth is where I want to go because it does seem like a super lovely university and the location looks fab just a bit nervous cause I’m not from around Plymouth !! Also I’m hoping to book pilgrim for accommodation

It’s always a good idea to see whether other universities will give you offers; and if they do, I imagine you’d choose one of them as your insurance. I saw Pilgrim when I was looking at the different accommodation options; they all looked quite nice to be fair, but I was drawn more to the ones in the centre for some reason. If you do firm with Plymouth, I hope you manage to get what you want.

I know what you mean, even though I visited Plymouth when I was younger, I’m still slightly nervous about going as I’m not from around there either. But I’m really looking forward to starting my course so I’m thinking of it as an adventure. 🙂

Oh, and I forgot to say, congratulations on getting an offer!

Adele
Hey all,

Hi there,

It's great to hear you're thinking of joining us! You might like to visit our Unibuddy page where our students are available to chat. You can ask them anything about accommodation and student life - they'll happily give you their insights! https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/unibuddy

Best of luck with your decision making and hope to see you in September!

~ Catherine, University of Plymouth
Reply 5
Hey, congrats on your offer! I’m going to Plymouth next year and am hoping to stay in Pilgrim too, here if you wanna chat :smile:
I’ve firmed plymouth for marine biology but and I’ve applied for robbins as my accommodation
Lol I haven't firmed it yet but that's basically me
Original post by Lizziash_03
I’ve firmed plymouth for marine biology but and I’ve applied for robbins as my accommodation

^^
Hey all,

Hi! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer!

I'm currently in my third year at Plymouth uni and can help paint a picture of this for you! So the accommodation itself, in terms of proximity to the uni, is incredibly close! And all of the different halls are quite close together, and it's commonly referred to as a 'student village' so it doesn't really matter if you meet someone that's in a different hall before you even arrive at uni because they're so close together it doesn't really matter!

There's a strong student presence in Plymouth as there are different areas in Plymouth where you'll always find students, such as the Hoe or the Barbican, especially on a nice day! With regards to the nightlife, the Student Union on a Tuesday, Friday and Saturday is always packed but even if you're just looking for a quiet drink with your friends, the SU is also the perfect location as its cheap and close to campus! There are plenty of other pubs and clubs around as well, all relatively close to the halls and campus so you never have to travel far! And usually, there is an event on at least one of the clubs weekly or monthly!

I hope this helps and feel free to ask anymore questions!

- Alys, undergraduate rep of Plymouth University :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending