The Student Room Group

LLM/University of Law/London campus

Hi Guys,

Have any of you studied the LLM Masters of Laws (General) Degree at university of law? If you have, please let me know how you have found it as I am interested in studying there.
(edited 3 years ago)
I was m interested too. Thinking of doing the corporate governance masters. I did an open day for the llb there, it seemed nice but I went to Queen mary instead.
With masters prices are very different between the 2!

It’s obviously much smaller than most universities but having been a student at hone for past year that part doesn’t bother me now.
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine1973
I was m interested too. Thinking of doing the corporate governance masters. I did an open day for the llb there, it seemed nice but I went to Queen mary instead.
With masters prices are very different between the 2!

It’s obviously much smaller than most universities but having been a student at hone for past year that part doesn’t bother me now.

Oh cool. I'm thinking of doing a general masters course. Are you going to do your masters at Queen Mary or university of law?
Queen mary is £16k, u-law is £9k so that will probably influence me!
Reply 4

Wow that's too expensive! Better to do it at U-law lol :smile:.
Reply 5
Original post by isatich
Wow that's too expensive! Better to do it at U-law lol :smile:.

Are you going to do the LPC after the LLM? Some people say it's better to do the LLM with the LPC but I don't want to do the LPC straight away as I've only studied law for a year with the GDL.
I am going to do an llm only, probably one that gives he the corporate governance exemptions.
Reply 7
I am going to do an llm only, probably one that gives he the corporate governance exemptions.

Ok, that makes sense!
Original post by isatich
Hi Guys,

Have any of you studied the LLM Masters of Laws (General) Degree at university of law? If you have, please let me know how you have found it as I am interested in studying there.

Hi! I'm currently studying the MA Law at ULaw- not exactly the same, there's some module differences but have a research topic and similar structure.

I'm currently doing my MA Law part-time online. So it takes 2 years- I'm now in my second year. Being online has been great considering the pandemic but I obviously didn't know that was going to happen when I applied.

I've really enjoyed studying with ULaw. (I'm not just saying that because I'm an ambassador!) The Employability Service is brilliant and has really helped me get ready for moving into law as a career. There's also the library service which has just set up an online learning academy so you do extra classes regarding research tools (for example, I've now gained accreditation with Westlaw). Lots of competitions and events also going on so you have lots to put on your CV and to talk about in interviews too. Although I'm online, there's lots that goes on on the campuses too (outside of lockdowns) and I've been up to the campus local to me for events with organisations such as Legal Cheek- where you meet other solicitors and hear presentations from them.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me shout.

Nic
University of Law ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending