The Student Room Group

Ebay API problems

Hello Is there anyone that would be able to help me make sense of the ebay api system. I've created a website in bubble.io and am having problems calling the ebay finding api. I want my website to display search results from a specific ebay site and enable my users to filter as well (as well as add affiliate info). THe URI i seem to be calling is failing, is there a guide or something that I can use to help me as I'm struggling to make sense of the ebay developers site. Thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
If you are using python, if you use the requests module, you get a response code when you use the .get() method, which can be used for identifying if there are problems with the connection to the web link.
What's the error you're getting? and its HTTP code? You can view the request in the Chrome Dev Tools network tab.
Reply 3
I'm using the url method to call the api but for some reason it's not working I assume it's to do with the syntax.
I'm come to this sort of point

https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?

SECURITY-APPNAME=!!!!!!

&OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced

&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0

&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON

&REST-PAYLOAD

&keywords=fiesta

&descriptionSearch=true

&outputSelector=AspectHistogram

&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=6

&buyerPostalCode=!!!!!

&itemFilter.name=MaxDistance

&itemFilter.value=50

&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB

&siteid=3

&categoryId=100

I would really appreciate any sort of help, am trying to understand how to do this but struggling due to lack of knowledge of code. Thanks
Original post by rosh155
I'm using the url method to call the api but for some reason it's not working I assume it's to do with the syntax.
I'm come to this sort of point

https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?

SECURITY-APPNAME=!!!!!!

&OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced

&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0

&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON

&REST-PAYLOAD

&keywords=fiesta

&descriptionSearch=true

&outputSelector=AspectHistogram

&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=6

&buyerPostalCode=!!!!!

&itemFilter.name=MaxDistance

&itemFilter.value=50

&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB

&siteid=3

&categoryId=100

I would really appreciate any sort of help, am trying to understand how to do this but struggling due to lack of knowledge of code. Thanks

The error message you are getting is: `Missing SOA operation name header`.

This effectively is stating in that in your HTTP request to the Ebay's API endpoint, your request does not contain the SOA operation name header. This may be of some use to you, or at least push you in the right direction https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/2838/missing-soa-operation-name-header-php-and-soap.html

Judging by your code above, you may need to add the 'SOA-' prefix in front of 'OPERATION-NAME'. Because the error message is suggesting it's looking for a specific field to which it cannot find. Thus you're getting an error message indicating it's missing. I'm not an expert on the language you're using, but have a look around this area.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending