vc_2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey, just wondering if anyone here knows anything about the Cilex route to law or if anyone has done it already. I have been to uni but dropped out because it wasn't for me, but now I've seen this Cilex route. Could anyone help? e.g. how long does it take.
Thankyou
Charlouisee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It takes a while but you need to be in a legal role to be able to do it as you create portfolio and do exams. It starts off the level of gcse and goes up to level of undergrad.

I haven't done it however I researched it quite a bit!
vc_2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Charlouisee)
It takes a while but you need to be in a legal role to be able to do it as you create portfolio and do exams. It starts off the level of gcse and goes up to level of undergrad.

I haven't done it however I researched it quite a bit!
hey, thanks for the reply. Could you explain what you mean by legal role, so as a student, I can't take the cilex route?
Charlouisee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by vc_2001)
hey, thanks for the reply. Could you explain what you mean by legal role, so as a student, I can't take the cilex route?
No you need to be in a legal role in order to complete the work based assignments. Your employer has to support and supervise you.
TMAK99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by vc_2001)
Hey, just wondering if anyone here knows anything about the Cilex route to law or if anyone has done it already. I have been to uni but dropped out because it wasn't for me, but now I've seen this Cilex route. Could anyone help? e.g. how long does it take.
Thankyou
Hi there,

I am a 3rd-year CILEx student. It was a struggle for me to get in at first because, through a similar position as you, I dropped out of sixth form, but luckily i did an extra secretarial course in college and managed to get into the cilex without a legal job (or any job at that time!) plus I was too young for the course but my professors let me off because i was a top student.

The course itself is 4 years in total split into level 3 (2 years) and level 6 (2 years) and you get to work at your own pace but can be quite intense with studying because of exams and a few assignments to complete.

to get into cilex the requirements are:
- already working in a law firm/legal department
-19+
-completed GCSE
-completed legal secretary (if available to you)

you can look at the cilex website or call them for more information and check whether you are eligible for it.
https://www.cilex.org.uk/

hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (172)
44.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.03%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.21%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.28%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (38)
9.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.64%

Watched Threads