Help me with life

Watch this thread
iamtee
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This quite odd but I need help on what to do. So me and my family had this cat for 3 years now but this cat is not ours; the owner knows that this cat comes to our home and stays and sometimes eats here too. This cat is basically an outdoor cat, now I have an attachment to this cat because she is so precious to me. I’m going to move soon so What should I do? Should I talk to the owner and take the cat? The problem is if we take the cat he won’t be able to go outside since we’re moving to the second floor. Anything I can do? Please help I’ve been stressing so much because I don’t want the cat to think we’re abandoning him. We won’t be staying in the same building but a bit further.
rach0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
i had the same problem years ago. we were moving house and we asked the owner if we could take the cat with us and they said no. i wish we hadve taken her. i miss her so much. i would ask the owner if u can take the cat. good luck
username5453336
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rach0)
i had the same problem years ago. we were moving house and we asked the owner if we could take the cat with us and they said no. i wish we hadve taken her. i miss her so much. i would ask the owner if u can take the cat. if they say no, then return to your old address in a few weeks and just take the cat. good luck
hahahaha lol this made me laugh so much
tbh this is good advice
iamtee
Rep:
(Original post by rach0)
i had the same problem years ago. we were moving house and we asked the owner if we could take the cat with us and they said no. i wish we hadve taken her. i miss her so much. i would ask the owner if u can take the cat. if they say no, then return to your old address in a few weeks and just take the cat. good luck
Yes I will try to steal him away 😉 😂 I thought I was the only person in this situation, I’m glad I’m not. I’m scared to call the owner for some reason haha. The cat likes to be outside and I don’t wanna take away his freedom to do that, I’m in such a dilemma and I’m really gonna be so sad if I leave him.
Last edited by iamtee; 1 year ago
blue2003
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
pleeaaase don't take away the poor cat's freedom by confining it to the indoors. its used to being outside so i think that it'd be kinda unethical to force it to live a life indoors, especially since the cat is an OUTSIDE cat, not an indoors one. As long as you know the cat's current owners are looking after it, just maybe just let it be? i don't mean to sound preachy, but its literally unnatural for a cat not to not have the freedom to go outside.
iamtee
Rep:
(Original post by blue2003)
pleeaaase don't take away the poor cat's freedom by confining it to the indoors. its used to being outside so i think that it'd be kinda unethical to force it to live a life indoors, especially since the cat is an OUTSIDE cat, not an indoors one. As long as you know the cat's current owners are looking after it, just maybe just let it be? i don't mean to sound preachy, but its literally unnatural for a cat not to not have the freedom to go outside.
Yes I agree, I never ever want to take away his freedom because it would be absolutely evil. The owner supposedly feeds him and takes care of him but before we use to feed him and mostly take care of him so I’m just worried about if he will feel neglected or if he would think we abandoned him, I absolutely adore this cat and would never want him to be sad.
Icosagon
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by iamtee)
This quite odd but I need help on what to do. So me and my family had this cat for 3 years now but this cat is not ours; the owner knows that this cat comes to our home and stays and sometimes eats here too. This cat is basically an outdoor cat, now I have an attachment to this cat because she is so precious to me. I’m going to move soon so What should I do? Should I talk to the owner and take the cat? The problem is if we take the cat he won’t be able to go outside since we’re moving to the second floor. Anything I can do? Please help I’ve been stressing so much because I don’t want the cat to think we’re abandoning him. We won’t be staying in the same building but a bit further.
This BBC Article might interest you...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-54710400
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
23.53%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (11)
32.35%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
8.82%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
17.65%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
5.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads