The Student Room Group

***Official Asset & Wealth Management 2022 Thread***

This is the megathread for all of those applying to internships or graduate schemes within asset management (both independent and within other organisations e.g. banks, insurance companies etc.), wealth management and private banking.

SWFs:
ADIA
GIC
CPPIB
Norges Bank IM
Temasek
QIA
KIA

Funds:
PIMCO
Blackrock
Fidelity
State Street
JPMAM
BNY Mellon IM
Baillie Gifford
GSAM
Ruffer
Wellington
Schroders
M&G
Capital Group
T Rowe Price
Aberdeen

WM/PB:
JPM PB
Citi PB
UBS PWM/PB
CS PWM
DB PB
GS PWM
MS GWM
HSBC PB/PWM
Pictet
Rothschild WM
Adam & Company
Coutts&Co
Capital Group
Schroders

Please message me if you want me to add anything!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
is it a waste of time to apply for these as a 1st year?
Reply 2
Original post by anyIBers
is it a waste of time to apply for these as a 1st year?

Hmm it would probably be best to concentrate on spring weeks because summer internships are usually feeders for grad programmes, so they would prioritise penultimate/final year students.
Reply 3
Any ideas for the poll question guys?
Reply 4
And please let me know if you would like me to change anything in the first post!
thanks for this mate!
Reply 6
Original post by 123xyz123
thanks for this mate!

No problem mate!
posting for notifs
Reply 8
posting for notifs
posting for notifs
posting for notifs
Interested! thanks :smile: Posting for notifications and updates :biggrin:
Are the technicals for ib and asset management different?
Are the technicals for ib and asset management different?

^ yes
Original post by Richardtwnd779
^ yes

what sort of technicals do you need to know for asset management?
what sort of technicals do you need to know for asset management?

"Technicals" are kind of overblown at both IB and AM. They're not as bad as their rep is made out to be. Technicals for AM will depend on the asset class. Equities will just be financial statements, basic modelling and stock pitches IF ANYTHING. Fixed income depends if corp credit or sovereign debt. Corp will be equities stuff + assessing credit risk. Sovereign debt will be econ focused.
Alternatives are obviously a different ball game.
Original post by anonuser99
"Technicals" are kind of overblown at both IB and AM. They're not as bad as their rep is made out to be. Technicals for AM will depend on the asset class. Equities will just be financial statements, basic modelling and stock pitches IF ANYTHING. Fixed income depends if corp credit or sovereign debt. Corp will be equities stuff + assessing credit risk. Sovereign debt will be econ focused.
Alternatives are obviously a different ball game.

I'm guessing your not on about FO Investments then? My interview (I won't say where) at the time were asking me about delta hedging and how FX CFDs can be used to hedge. (Just a few I can remember of the top of my head)
Original post by Richardtwnd779
I'm guessing your not on about FO Investments then? My interview (I won't say where) at the time were asking me about delta hedging and how FX CFDs can be used to hedge. (Just a few I can remember of the top of my head)

Sounds like you were interviewing for a trading position, not an AM Investments position. Probably BlackRock execution trading or something.
Reply 18
Posting for notifs
Reply 19
Has anyone got any rough idea of what they're interested in yet?

Quick Reply

Latest