***Official Asset & Wealth Management 2022 Thread***

Watch this thread
rockfish
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This is the megathread for all of those applying to internships or graduate schemes within asset management (both independent and within other organisations e.g. banks, insurance companies etc.), wealth management and private banking.

SWFs:
ADIA
GIC
CPPIB
Norges Bank IM
Temasek
QIA
KIA

Funds:
PIMCO
Blackrock
Fidelity
State Street
JPMAM
BNY Mellon IM
Baillie Gifford
GSAM
Ruffer
Wellington
Schroders
M&G
Capital Group
T Rowe Price
Aberdeen

WM/PB:
JPM PB
Citi PB
UBS PWM/PB
CS PWM
DB PB
GS PWM
MS GWM
HSBC PB/PWM
Pictet
Rothschild WM
Adam & Company
Coutts&Co
Capital Group
Schroders

Please message me if you want me to add anything!
Last edited by rockfish; 1 year ago
anyIBers
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
is it a waste of time to apply for these as a 1st year?
rockfish
Rep:
(Original post by anyIBers)
is it a waste of time to apply for these as a 1st year?
Hmm it would probably be best to concentrate on spring weeks because summer internships are usually feeders for grad programmes, so they would prioritise penultimate/final year students.
rockfish
Rep:
Any ideas for the poll question guys?
rockfish
Rep:
And please let me know if you would like me to change anything in the first post!
123xyz123
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
thanks for this mate!
rockfish
Rep:
(Original post by 123xyz123)
thanks for this mate!
No problem mate!
username5394218
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
posting for notifs
akjsdhiu
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
posting for notifs
Issaburnerboy
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
posting for notifs
asdwqeas
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
posting for notifs
Hazkeel Rizvi
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Interested! thanks Posting for notifications and updates
123xyz123
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Are the technicals for ib and asset management different?
Richardtwnd779
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Are the technicals for ib and asset management different?
^ yes
123xyz123
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Richardtwnd779)
^ yes
what sort of technicals do you need to know for asset management?
anonuser99
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
what sort of technicals do you need to know for asset management?
"Technicals" are kind of overblown at both IB and AM. They're not as bad as their rep is made out to be. Technicals for AM will depend on the asset class. Equities will just be financial statements, basic modelling and stock pitches IF ANYTHING. Fixed income depends if corp credit or sovereign debt. Corp will be equities stuff + assessing credit risk. Sovereign debt will be econ focused.
Alternatives are obviously a different ball game.
Richardtwnd779
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anonuser99)
"Technicals" are kind of overblown at both IB and AM. They're not as bad as their rep is made out to be. Technicals for AM will depend on the asset class. Equities will just be financial statements, basic modelling and stock pitches IF ANYTHING. Fixed income depends if corp credit or sovereign debt. Corp will be equities stuff + assessing credit risk. Sovereign debt will be econ focused.
Alternatives are obviously a different ball game.
I'm guessing your not on about FO Investments then? My interview (I won't say where) at the time were asking me about delta hedging and how FX CFDs can be used to hedge. (Just a few I can remember of the top of my head)
anonuser99
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Richardtwnd779)
I'm guessing your not on about FO Investments then? My interview (I won't say where) at the time were asking me about delta hedging and how FX CFDs can be used to hedge. (Just a few I can remember of the top of my head)
Sounds like you were interviewing for a trading position, not an AM Investments position. Probably BlackRock execution trading or something.
lesty24
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Posting for notifs
rockfish
Rep:
Has anyone got any rough idea of what they're interested in yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
42.52%
The paper was reasonable (221)
42.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (47)
9.13%
It was TERRIBLE (28)
5.44%

Watched Threads