IWINTWIN
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
If OP had the muscle of mike tyson which would take a lot of hard work, dedication and knowledge, I don't think they would come on TSR asking if they're fat.
lol, he/she is just a kid. Probably plunked their weight and height into a BMI calculator and it came out as obese and asked this question. Would be nice for OP to tell us if they have a big stomach/visible fat on them, that way we’ll be able to tell right off the bat. And Mike Tyson was 190 pounds of mainly muscle at age 12 before he started working out with Cus D Amato. He never trained or did anything before then. But he was also a chubby kid. But not the sort of fat that you see on actual fat people who’s body composition is mainly fat as opposed to muscle.

All I’m saying is, some people have a body composition where the weight is mainly muscle with a layer of fat that hides the muscle but also doesn’t come out as being flabby or having a protruding stomach/love handles. Would it be fair to call such a person fat?

what’s your thoughts?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
The healthy weight for a 5'4 female is from 110-140 pounds. You are a bit overweight, but your still a child, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Why is it okay for children to be overweight?
xandra_sky
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The healthy weight for a 5'4 female is from 110-140 pounds. You are a bit overweight, but your still a child, so I wouldn't worry about it.
the upper limit is more like 136 pounds for a 13 year old female, and that is 1 pound away from being overweight.
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by IWINTWIN)
lol, he/she is just a kid. Probably plunked their weight and height into a BMI calculator and it came out as obese and asked this question. Would be nice for OP to tell us if they have a big stomach/visible fat on them, that way we’ll be able to tell right off the bat. And Mike Tyson was 190 pounds of mainly muscle at age 12 before he started working out with Cus D Amato. He never trained or did anything before then. But he was also a chubby kid. But not the sort of fat that you see on actual fat people who’s body composition is mainly fat as opposed to muscle.

All I’m saying is, some people have a body composition where the weight is mainly muscle with a layer of fat that hides the muscle but also doesn’t come out as being flabby or having a protruding stomach/love handles. Would it be fair to call such a person fat?

what’s your thoughts?
I am 110% sure that mike tyson was active during his childhood, sure he might have not weight lifted but he was still active, his body wouldn't just create muscle for no reason, he is also a genetic phenom, we cannot use his example and apply it to OP. Yes and those people are completely aware of their body composition because they train and would not come on TSR asking if they are fat.
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Why is it okay for children to be overweight?
It's not, but I don't want OP obsessing over her weight and doing unhealthy things.
OP I'd recommend some cardio workouts to slim your weight a bit.

(Original post by xandra_sky)
the upper limit is more like 136 pounds for a 13 year old female, and that is 1 pound away from being overweight.
Ok. Thank you.
IWINTWIN
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good point.

Yeah. It would be unfair to apply his case to the general masses.

And he started being active as soon as he met Bobby stuart at the Tyrones School for kids (I think I spelt that right). He was training with him for a few weeks before he finally gave up and decided he needed to go to the next level, from there he was introduced to teddy atlas, Cus D Amato and Kevin Rooney. (I’m a boxing historian, Mike Tyson is one of my favourite fighters, I’ve read so much books on the guy). But yeah, before that, there’s no recorded info that he did anything at all in terms of staying active. All we knew was that his mom was a prostitute, his dad was a pimp (or at least, the man who he was told was his father), and he (Mike) resorted to robbing people and taking drugs-alcohol from a very very young age.
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why the hell is OP being compared to the youngest Heavyweight champion of the world of all time, an undisputed heavyweight world champion, multiple time heavyweight world champion and huge genetic outlier 😂 relevance people
the_pharaoh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
nah im pretty sure its lower cuz for a 5'8 boy its around 150 pounds
14t
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by the_pharaoh)
nah im pretty sure its lower cuz for a 5'8 boy its around 150 pounds
for a 5’4 female 110-140lbs is correct. for a 5’8 male it’s 120-160lbs. women naturally have a higher body fat percentage so a shorter woman and a taller man may have similar idea weights
the_pharaoh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 14t)
for a 5’4 female 110-140lbs is correct. for a 5’8 male it’s 120-160lbs. women naturally have a higher body fat percentage so a shorter woman and a taller man may have similar idea weights
What no if a woman had the same height as a man the woman is meant to be lighter
Odnetnin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jaddle1357)
you are but just slighty overweight.
Bit rude, even if the op did ask. She isn't fat btw.
the_pharaoh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Odnetnin)
Bit rude, even if the op did ask. She isn't fat btw.
firstly she asked secondaly she is quite overweight
the_pharaoh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
I am 110% sure that mike tyson was active during his childhood, sure he might have not weight lifted but he was still active, his body wouldn't just create muscle for no reason, he is also a genetic phenom, we cannot use his example and apply it to OP. Yes and those people are completely aware of their body composition because they train and would not come on TSR asking if they are fat.
damn this guys logic, facts and advice are on point
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%