government&politics 10 marker source question

Watch
k.kk
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
how do you structure a 10 marker source question edexcel ,need help please I have an assesment on monday
I dont know how to link the source to the answer
Laya_
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by k.kk)
how do you structure a 10 marker source question edexcel ,need help please I have an assesment on monday
I dont know how to link the source to the answer
Hey. It’s been a few years since I did A-level Gov & Pol but from what I remember, you pick out 3 quotations from the source to answer the question.
In terms of structure, use PEAL. Point (the point you are making), Evidence (this will be the quotation from the source), Analysis (think what does this mean, what are the consequences of this etc), Link (link it back to the question, this is important don’t forget to do this). You do this for each of the quotations you have picked out from the source. so you will have 3 paragraphs in total.
For you saying that you’re not sure how to link the source to the answer, it is easier than you think. The source will have points that will link to the answer, such as a statistic or an event that is mentioned. Look at mark schemes to see the types of things they pick out, this will help you to identify what types of things to look for.
Note: I did the old spec of A-level Gov & Politics so the structure might be different now (although I kinda doubt this). I would look at mark schemes to confirm that this is the correct structure & maybe try to find some model answers online!
Try not to worry, it is all a learning curve. And don’t doubt yourself with the quotations that you pick out, usually they are correct if they make sense and link to the answer. You got this!
k.kk
Rep:
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Laya_)
Hey. It’s been a few years since I did A-level Gov & Pol but from what I remember, you pick out 3 quotations from the source to answer the question.
In terms of structure, use PEAL. Point (the point you are making), Evidence (this will be the quotation from the source), Analysis (think what does this mean, what are the consequences of this etc), Link (link it back to the question, this is important don’t forget to do this). You do this for each of the quotations you have picked out from the source. so you will have 3 paragraphs in total.
For you saying that you’re not sure how to link the source to the answer, it is easier than you think. The source will have points that will link to the answer, such as a statistic or an event that is mentioned. Look at mark schemes to see the types of things they pick out, this will help you to identify what types of things to look for.
Note: I did the old spec of A-level Gov & Politics so the structure might be different now (although I kinda doubt this). I would look at mark schemes to confirm that this is the correct structure & maybe try to find some model answers online!
Try not to worry, it is all a learning curve. And don’t doubt yourself with the quotations that you pick out, usually they are correct if they make sense and link to the answer. You got this!
Thank you so so much !
Laya_
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by k.kk)
Thank you so so much !
No problem ☺️
k.kk
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Laya_)
No problem ☺️
I honestly just wanted to come back here and thank you again,this has helped me so so muchhh!
Laya_
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by k.kk)
I honestly just wanted to come back here and thank you again,this has helped me so so muchhh!
Aww you’re welcome! I’m so glad
If you need help with anything else, feel free to message me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads