SharleeWho
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi I am applying to drama school this year, as it’s my first time I don’t expect to get onto a BA course at this point, but would be interested in doing a foundation course.

Was wondering if anyone has any experiences of these? Or know how good they are at training you to get onto a BA course?

Any advice is appreciated, but the courses I am particularly interested in are Oxford School of Drama, East 15, LIPA, Rose Bruford, Read College, GSA, Birmingham Conservatoire, Mountview and Artsed.
Last edited by SharleeWho; 4 months ago
ec27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have the exact same question! I have got onto the east 15 one and i am auditioning for the Artsed and mountview course and wondered what it’s like?
Ahse
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey! I hope your auditions are going well! I'm currently on the foundation course at Rose Bruford. My experience has been amazing- yes despite the pandemic and lockdown, etc. The first 3 months, we got to be in person but since Christmas, it's been zoom and theyve adapted stupendously well. We were given more focus on our audition prep, finding monologues that are right for you, self tapes, mock zoom auditions, 1 to 1 tutoring on your speeches etc. It has really rounded me much more as an actor and I cant speak highly enough of it! I'm currently auditioning for the BAs and have been offered a place at Central for their BA Acting MT course and have had multiple recalls. So it's safe to say, the foundation here at rose Bruford is definitely setting you up nicely for further training. Last year I had zero recalls. Anyway I've typed too much. If you want to know more etc it's better to message me
SharleeWho
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by ec27)
I have the exact same question! I have got onto the east 15 one and i am auditioning for the Artsed and mountview course and wondered what it’s like?
Ah well done! I’m auditioning for the Artsed one as well, but sent it off in December and still haven’t heard back so may email them this week.
SharleeWho
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Ahse)
Hey! I hope your auditions are going well! I'm currently on the foundation course at Rose Bruford. My experience has been amazing- yes despite the pandemic and lockdown, etc. The first 3 months, we got to be in person but since Christmas, it's been zoom and theyve adapted stupendously well. We were given more focus on our audition prep, finding monologues that are right for you, self tapes, mock zoom auditions, 1 to 1 tutoring on your speeches etc. It has really rounded me much more as an actor and I cant speak highly enough of it! I'm currently auditioning for the BAs and have been offered a place at Central for their BA Acting MT course and have had multiple recalls. So it's safe to say, the foundation here at rose Bruford is definitely setting you up nicely for further training. Last year I had zero recalls. Anyway I've typed too much. If you want to know more etc it's better to message me
Congratulations on the place at Central, that is incredible!!! Rose Bruford looks like an amazing place to be, where are you for the foundation course as I understand that there are quite a few different locations?
Ahse
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thank you! I'm at the Sidcup one, at Rose Brufords campus
emilyaw12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It all depends on where you get in and what you want to do in the future. For straight acting, all of these schools are brilliant honestly and you will get lut of them what you put in. I know READ has an incredible track record of getting people onto 3 year courses. Good luck with ur auditions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.8%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.24%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.03%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise