Can i drive a 3.0 litre engine at age 18 with full driving license?

Watch
Headietwo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys
I have a question, as you can tell by the title “can i drive a 3.0Litre engine at age 18 with full driving license?”. If you guys could drop and advice if you know anything about this, please do so.
Thanks!
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No law against it anyway

Insurance may be more expensive, you may splatdie ect.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Headietwo)
Hey guys
I have a question, as you can tell by the title “can i drive a 3.0Litre engine at age 18 with full driving license?”. If you guys could drop and advice if you know anything about this, please do so.
Thanks!
Sure, if you can afford the premiums.
2003a39
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, but it's like giving an iPhone 12 Pro Max to a 9 year old. I'd do that and end up changing my middle name to ******o.
Last edited by 2003a39; 4 weeks ago
inquisiterFAQ
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As everyone above has said legally you can but it is going to cost a fortune even if its a parents car and you are a named driver. You can check insurance prices using a comparison website and get a quote in a few mins
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey guys
Thanks!
Yeah you can.
Good luck trying to get affordable insurance on it though.
Nuffles
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
No law against it anyway

Insurance may be more expensive, you may splatdie ect.
splatdie is a new one - I like it!
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey guys
Thanks!
*licence
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey guys
Thanks!
I learnt to drive in a 3L car (Volvo 164, old even then), although somewhat underpowered.

Some buy their kids supercars when they pass their tests, with too many dying shortly after. Driving slower l, less capable, cars is an important step in being able to drive safely, IMO. Be safe.
boblishman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can you? Yes.
Should you? Probably not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (536)
51.15%
No (512)
48.85%

Watched Threads