Asexual or just scared for first kiss?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I’m 16 and have only recently started getting male attention as I wasn’t popular in secondary school. The boys that like me now tho are more popular so they’re already experienced with relationships. Every talking stage I’ve had with a boy I end up going off them or getting the ‘ick’. It’s soo frustrating Cos I genuinely want to like them and I still have a desire to be in a relationship with someone. My friends say I have high standards and I put too much pressure on myself which is very true but I feel like I’m not normal? I worry that much about having my first kiss with a boy that when they lean in I reject them even though I thought I liked them. I’m actually terrified of kissing a boy it makes me feel so vulnerable. But then I hate the idea that I could be asexual?
WimbleUrWombles
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
There’s no reason to hate the idea of being asexual, in fact you might be into girls. Have you considered thinking about girls in a romantic light? But it’s best for you to consider if you might be scared of commitment if you’re scared of kissing a boy. There’s many options for you to consider but don’t panic too much about it. You are you at the end of the day and you can view yourself with whatever label makes you the most comfortable.
bisexualh0e
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
yea girls are better anyway (i'm bi)
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m 16 and have only recently started getting male attention as I wasn’t popular in secondary school. The boys that like me now tho are more popular so they’re already experienced with relationships. Every talking stage I’ve had with a boy I end up going off them or getting the ‘ick’. It’s soo frustrating Cos I genuinely want to like them and I still have a desire to be in a relationship with someone. My friends say I have high standards and I put too much pressure on myself which is very true but I feel like I’m not normal? I worry that much about having my first kiss with a boy that when they lean in I reject them even though I thought I liked them. I’m actually terrified of kissing a boy it makes me feel so vulnerable. But then I hate the idea that I could be asexual?
I kissed a girl and I liked it
Anonymous #3
Report 4 months ago
this was literally me. i got the 'ick' with every guy and i had many boyfriends in high school due to peer pressure and i felt like i had to. but when you actually like someone the 'ick' doesn't exist anymore. don't force yourself to do things with boys. also you can have fun with them without being in a relationship or liking them (fwb). finding someone you genuinely like and find attractive isnt easy and u cant force yourself, just wait for the right person and have fun!
jimin angel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i only kiss and have sex with korean men
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bisexualh0e)
yea girls are better anyway (i'm bi)
I have wondered about that before but idk how to really know and I’m from a small village where everyone Ik is straight and it scares me so much Cos I’ve never questioned myself before
Anonymous #3
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by jimin angel)
i only kiss and have sex with korean men
lmao fetishizing korean men because of kpop, how embarassing
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ChloeP1291)
There’s no reason to hate the idea of being asexual, in fact you might be into girls. Have you considered thinking about girls in a romantic light? But it’s best for you to consider if you might be scared of commitment if you’re scared of kissing a boy. There’s many options for you to consider but don’t panic too much about it. You are you at the end of the day and you can view yourself with whatever label makes you the most comfortable.
True I’m just scared to be alone forever and never experience love. I kinda have but only like pretty girls on tik tok as stupid as that sounds haha I’ve never fancied a girl but I always think I fancy loads of boys. True though I think I am scared of commitment too. Thankyou that is good advice.
jimin angel
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
lmao fetishizing korean men because of kpop, how embarassing
if i can't date kpop stars like NCT or BTS or Exo. I will go for the most similar closest thing
Anonymous #1
this was literally me. i got the 'ick' with every guy and i had many boyfriends in high school due to peer pressure and i felt like i had to. but when you actually like someone the 'ick' doesn't exist anymore. don't force yourself to do things with boys. also you can have fun with them without being in a relationship or liking them (fwb). finding someone you genuinely like and find attractive isnt easy and u cant force yourself, just wait for the right person and have fun!
Thanks this is helpful. I don’t get how girls get so many boyfriends in school and genuinely fancy them Cos I find it so rare to truly be attracted to someone.
superdan1505
Badges: 3
Report 4 months ago
i only kiss and have sex with korean donnys
disgusting
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
i hate gays!!!!!! Xddd
omg wtf !??!?!
WimbleUrWombles
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
True I’m just scared to be alone forever and never experience love. I kinda have but only like pretty girls on tik tok as stupid as that sounds haha I’ve never fancied a girl but I always think I fancy loads of boys. True though I think I am scared of commitment too. Thankyou that is good advice.
Don’t worry about being alone there’s plenty of chances for you to have a partner. Some asexuals date each other casually for the benefits of a relationship without being romantically attached. The attraction to boys you may be feeling could be aesthetic or platonic attraction which is what anyone, even asexuals, experience. As for the fear of commitment, there’s not much I can do to help you besides reach out for support in overcoming it. I have a lot of similar issues with asexuality and the fear of commitment so I’m giving you advice from my personal perspective but you should also assess what you want
jimin angel
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by superdan1505)
disgusting
why did you edit my post? i never wrote donnys
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
why did you edit my post! i never wrote donnys :mad:
what are you talking about ?
Anonymous #4
Report 4 months ago
asexual is fine ..some people are like that : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.17%
England (108)
33.64%
Belgium (27)
8.41%
Germany (38)
11.84%
Spain (6)
1.87%