The Student Room Group

Want to study medicine gcse option history or food tech?

I’m choosing gcse options and doing, English maths biology chemistry physics Latin geography computer science. Not sure what is best to do for last option history or good tech. I really enjoy food and nutrition but which is useful for medicine?
Since you have chem bio phy maths and English already, neither history nor food tech will hold you back. Just do the one you enjoy most.
Original post by bal2021
I’m choosing gcse options and doing, English maths biology chemistry physics Latin geography computer science. Not sure what is best to do for last option history or good tech. I really enjoy food and nutrition but which is useful for medicine?

History will give you more practice in writing essays which could prove useful.

Cooking and learning about nutrition is something you could do in your free time as a hobby.
Original post by bal2021

It doesn't matter which GCSE's you do as long as you get good grades. Pick whichever you enjoy most and think you will get good grades in.
Original post by bal2021

To be completely honest, enjoy your secondary school life and pick subjects you like because at the end of the day, when doing A-levels, you will be restricted to your subject options only being related to your degree. With medicine, you mainly require core subjects so you won't be disadvantaged if you choose history nor food tech. Although, history is a difficult subject but if you want to go an extra mile, you could choose history as it prepares you for writing essays.
Although, I love how you are thinking ahead )
chooose history becuase its more valuable if ur going to study medicine is the right path for u u can do it gowarnnn

Quick Reply

Latest