harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Just a week before his trial for inciting the insurrection at the US Capitol on Jan. 6, key members of Trump's legal team decide to desert him.

Rats and sinking ships come to mind.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...d-impeachment/
Last edited by harrysbar; 4 weeks ago
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Trump is an idiot anyway
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You'd need to be a bit of a sucker taking work from him at this stage. He has a long record now of publicly turning on his lawyers as soon it suits him (and that's a 100% physical danger now), not to mention the risk of going to jail yourself or not being paid.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In better news, Trump has secured a new world renowned lawyer to head up his legal defence, the very best of all the candidates who applied for the job.

StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
In better news, Trump has secured a new world renowned lawyer to head up his legal defence, the very best of all the candidates who applied for the job.

Lionel Hutz wouldn't sully his apple core filled briefcase or smoking monkey with such a client. He would be the laughing stock of the walk in lawyer mall kiosk circuit.
anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
"Mr Trump wanted his legal team to push his argument that the election was “stolen”"

There's his basic problem - he wants to double down rather than push for the straightforward defence on narrow but viable grounds.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
I wonder what he will do now?

My money would be on defending himself seeing as he loves the sound of his own voice

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/31/o...nig/index.html
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
My money would be on defending himself seeing as he loves the sound of his own voice
I hope he does. :cookie:
The media spotlight upon Trump once again, with him taking every opportunity to spout even more maga propaganda, amp up the atmosphere for mass manifestations of trump derangement syndrome, he can rally his support base again and ensure that the republican party is plunged into internal chaos. :woo:
Regardless of the verdict, the trial will make for a fantastic reality tv spectacle.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
I hope he does. :cookie:
The media spotlight upon Trump once again, with him taking every opportunity to spout even more maga propaganda, amp up the atmosphere for mass manifestations of trump derangement syndrome, he can rally his support base again and ensure that the republican party is plunged into internal chaos. :woo:
Regardless of the verdict, the trial will make for a fantastic reality tv spectacle.
Very true and think of the memes!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The man could walk into the senate, take a **** on the speakers desk and proceed to wipe his ass with the declaration of independence and most of the republicans would still be dropping their pants and bending over to receive their just desserts. Vulgarity aside, alas, i dont think this is going to make much difference. If anything, his lack of a legal team might even earn him some extra brownie points with some of the more revolting oxygen thieves currently squatting in the "Grand" Old Party.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
The man could walk into the senate, take a **** on the speakers desk and proceed to wipe his ass with the declaration of independence and most of the republicans would still be dropping their pants and bending over to receive their just desserts. Vulgarity aside, alas, i dont think this is going to make much difference. If anything, his lack of a legal team might even earn him some extra brownie points with some of the more revolting oxygen thieves currently squatting in the "Grand" Old Party.
What an image Napp! Just as I was enjoying my breakfast
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What an image Napp! Just as I was enjoying my breakfast
Don't worry, it put me off my dinner as well Alas, the image of Lindsay Graham or that complete lunatic Marjorie Green something something being perfectly happy to perform acts, that would outrage even a seasoned pervert, on the man is only too real a prospect :rofl:
harrysbar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Don't worry, it put me off my dinner as well Alas, the image of Lindsay Graham or that complete lunatic Marjorie Green something something being perfectly happy to perform acts, that would outrage even a seasoned pervert, on the man is only too real a prospect :rofl:
:rofl:
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Couldn’t care less about Trump, he’s gone, old news
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jackmarshal757)
Couldn’t care less about Trump, he’s gone, old news
He'll be back, he's not exactly the type to go quietly into that good night. Especially when he needs to crowdfund the crap out of his base since he cant pay his bills :rofl:
harrysbar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
He'll be back, he's not exactly the type to go quietly into that good night. Especially when he needs to crowdfund the crap out of his base since he cant pay his bills :rofl:
Rage, rage against the dying of the far right!
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Rage, rage against the dying of the far right!
It’s certainly not dying, same with the far left. The opposite ends of the spectrum are only growing in numbers as we become a more polarised society
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It didn't take him long to find a new nutty lawyer.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JanNWolfe...41184005214209
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (63)
12.6%
Virtual campus tours/open days (117)
23.4%
Live streaming events (45)
9%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (49)
9.8%
A uni comparison tool (115)
23%
An in-person event when available (111)
22.2%