dramacoolfan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,

I have deferred assignments for medical reasons, this was approved

If I am still unfit to sit this assignment for the July defer sitting (I'm sure I will be, but in the instance I may not) can I defer it further (likely, next academic year sitting) and can I defer multiple assignments and modules into another academic year w/o teaching. I am in my final year so I won't have anything else to complete alongside these deferred assignments.

Not sure what Westminsters status on this is. Thank you
Last edited by dramacoolfan; 4 months ago
James-Uni of Westminster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by dramacoolfan)
Hi,

I have deferred assignments for medical reasons, this was approved

If I am still unfit to sit this assignment for the July defer sitting (I'm sure I will be, but in the instance I may not) can I defer it further (likely, next academic year sitting) and can I defer multiple assignments and modules into another academic year w/o teaching. I am in my final year so I won't have anything else to complete alongside these deferred assignments.

Not sure what Westminsters status on this is. Thank you
Hi,

Firstly, I hope you are feeling well and have found some relief in having your assignments deferred to a later date. These situations can be often quite stressful and the University of Westminster will be always on hand to offer help and support when your health doesn't go the way you planned during the academic year.

It is possible to have additional deferrals beyond the July refer/defer period however, to do so, you would have to submit an additional Mitigating Circumstances claim which includes medical evidence (such as a doctors letter) that proves you were unable to complete the work (or the entire module) over the set amount of time given and how this was unforeseeable. For more information and details it would be best to email your registry here https://www.westminster.ac.uk/curren...gistry-offices.

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team
dramacoolfan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by james_drew)
Hi,

Firstly, I hope you are feeling well and have found some relief in having your assignments deferred to a later date. These situations can be often quite stressful and the University of Westminster will be always on hand to offer help and support when your health doesn't go the way you planned during the academic year.

It is possible to have additional deferrals beyond the July refer/defer period however, to do so, you would have to submit an additional Mitigating Circumstances claim which includes medical evidence (such as a doctors letter) that proves you were unable to complete the work (or the entire module) over the set amount of time given and how this was unforeseeable. For more information and details it would be best to email your registry here https://www.westminster.ac.uk/curren...gistry-offices.

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.5%
No (184)
70.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed