The Student Room Group

Help please! should I defer exams?

im in my final year at uni. due to extenuating circumstances, i did not do uni work for 3 months. my uni is allowing me to defer my open book exams to a later period but im worried the exam will be much tougher since i have more time to revise. should i defer or try to power through the normal open book exam period?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
im in my final year at uni. due to extenuating circumstances, i did not do uni work for 3 months. my uni is allowing me to defer my open book exams to a later period but im worried the exam will be much tougher since i have more time to revise. should i defer or try to power through the normal open book exam period?

If you have told them about your extenuating circumstances, and they are allowing you to defer, I don't think they will make the exams any harder than normal, so If you think you need that time, defer them.
However, if they are open book, I do wonder why you need that time, as you won't need to memorise the information. I guess it depends what subject you're doing, and if there are skills you need to develop, but if it's just a matter of learning the content, I would say go for it in the normal time.
Reply 2
Original post by Zuvio
If you have told them about your extenuating circumstances, and they are allowing you to defer, I don't think they will make the exams any harder than normal, so If you think you need that time, defer them.
However, if they are open book, I do wonder why you need that time, as you won't need to memorise the information. I guess it depends what subject you're doing, and if there are skills you need to develop, but if it's just a matter of learning the content, I would say go for it in the normal time.

thanks! they're open book for all students due to covid. yeah i've not caught up with about 70% of the content taught (the subject being economics) and im really not sure if I can catch up in time. i am pretty worried that deferring will make the exams harder/ my work will be marked more strictly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending