Vaccine is compulsory in dubai

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Hannah.Cook
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Finally as I had said before too, vaccine is now compulsory in schools of Dubai. Now to those who said that it can never be compulsory, have you got anything to say? Is there still any way left to not get the vaccine???? Humanity is lost!

SL Edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web pages. You can also find practical advice for managing your mental health in the pandemic, including advice from clinical psychiatrists, here.
Last edited by Elizabeth II; 3 weeks ago
Elizabeth II
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Source? Can't find anything to corroborate this. Regardless, what the UAE decides for its citizens is up to them. There is no scientific proof of any harm that could come from such a policy (though it is draconian to force people to take it, yes).

If we take your position and use foreign countries to draw comparisons to what could become of our own, I'd be more concerned about the punishment of flogging for premarital sex and alcohol consumption, to be honest. But hey, we all have different priorities.
Hannah.Cook
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elizabeth II)
Source? Can't find anything to corroborate this. Regardless, what the UAE decides for its citizens is up to them. There is no scientific proof of any harm that could come from such a policy (though it is draconian to force people to take it, yes).

If we take your position and use foreign countries to draw comparisons to what could become of our own, I'd be more concerned about the punishment of flogging for premarital sex and alcohol consumption, to be honest. But hey, we all have different priorities.
You want a source? You know that news is censored right? My dad's office has made it compulsory and a few schools have while the others will.
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hannah.Cook)
You want a source? You know that news is censored right? My dad's office has made it compulsory and a few schools have while the others will.
"My dad's office" is not a source. Please provide one more reliable than simply hearsay, otherwise you may as well state anything and hide behind that. Where's the press release from these schools? The reactions from parents? The thoughts of the students? Anything? Nothing?
Last edited by Elizabeth II; 3 weeks ago
Hannah.Cook
Rep:
?
Schools reaction: had a vaccine drive 2 days back. Parents and students: they were more than happy to for it and most of my classmates recieved it
Press: they will release news but it will take time. Anything else you would like to know?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Probably because they rule with an iron fist, without any social justice crap. The UAE, Qatar, Arab and middle-eastern nations, China etc. don't mess around - if something needs to be done it gets done, regardless if some snowflake is offended or not.
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Schools reaction: had a vaccine drive 2 days back. Parents and students: they were more than happy to for it and most of my classmates recieved it
Press: they will release news but it will take time. Anything else you would like to know?
This still isn't any proof whatsoever that you are being forced to have an injection of the coronavirus vaccine.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
"My dad's office" is not a source. Please provide one more reliable than simply hearsay, otherwise you may as well state anything and hide behind that. Where's the press release from these schools? The reactions from parents? The thoughts of the students? Anything? Nothing?
I was informed that pandemic related claims without sources are not allowed here as it counts as conspiracy theories - this is still the case, right?
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
I was informed that pandemic related claims without sources are not allowed here as it counts as conspiracy theories - this is still the case, right?
Hey we're trying to avoid it, I believe - hence my insistence! If there's any shred of truth behind this claim, I'm happy for the thread to continue -- otherwise it simply stirs the pot which isn't responsible considering the gravity of the situation.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey we're trying to avoid it, I believe - hence my insistence! If there's any shred of truth behind this claim, I'm happy for the thread to continue -- otherwise it simply stirs the pot which isn't responsible considering the gravity of the situation.
According to UAE's own Ministry of Health; it's not mandatory for their citizens: https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronav...-says-ministry - what they're doing instead is advising that it should be taken and trying to prevent misinformation it seems.
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
According to UAE's own Ministry of Health; it's not mandatory for their citizens: https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronav...-says-ministry - what they're doing instead is advising that it should be taken and trying to prevent misinformation it seems.
Yeah, that's what my own investigations lead me to believe too.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Here's what I found (quick Google search, pretty much all the articles saying the same thing) regarding UAE's ministry guidelines:

The UAE has rolled out two Covid-19 vaccination campaigns to beat the pandemic.

Full list of centres to get free Covid jab in UAE

The Chinese Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccine is available at all medical centres in the UAE, while Dubai’s free vaccination drive sees residents given the Pfizer-BioNTech jab.

The UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention has answered a set of frequently asked questions related to Covid-19 vaccines. Khaleej Times has broken down the FAQs into two parts. Read the second part here.

What are the benefits of getting a Covid-19 vaccine?

Getting a Covid-19 vaccine can help protect you by creating an antibody response in your body. Getting vaccinated also might help protect people around you from Covid-19, particularly people at increased risk of severe illness from the virus and its complications.

Can I be infected with Covid-19 even after taking the vaccine?

No, you cannot get the infection according to the currently available studies. But keep in mind that for your body to build immunity, you should take two doses with an interval of 21 – 28 days between the first and second doses. Till now, there is no specific duration for immunity post vaccination.

Are there any possible side effects?

The use of the vaccine might cause some common side effects like pain in the injection site, fever, headache, fatigue, muscle pain and lethargy. Generally, the mild symptoms subside without treatment.

What should I do if I experience any side effects?

You can go to the nearest healthcare centre or hospital or contact the relevant health authority.

Who must not take the vaccine?

>> Those with history of severe allergy

>> Pregnant and lactating women.

>> Women who plan to get pregnant in the next three months.

>> Those with history of severe Covid-19 confirmed infection.

Is the vaccination mandatory or optional?

The vaccination is optional.

From which age can the vaccine be given?

From 18 years and above.

Importance of vaccines in general:

>> Vaccines protect children and adults from some infectious diseases and their serious complications.

>> They are the best and most successful medical interventions.
Source: https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronav...-says-ministry
Hannah.Cook
Rep:
?
Well we are not forced. But it is getting compulsory to take the vaccine (some schools and offices already did so). There is no formal letter or anything that could prove it but for instance in offices, they say you either get the vaccine asap or your out. Similar situation applies to school and so slowly even they are moving.
Hannah.Cook
Rep:
?
This still isn't any proof whatsoever that you are being forced to have an injection of the coronavirus vaccine.
Well we are not forced. But it is getting compulsory to take the vaccine (some schools and offices already did so). There is no formal letter or anything that could prove it but for instance in offices, they say you either get the vaccine asap or your out. Similar situation applies to school and so slowly even they are moving.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well we are not forced.
So the title of this thread is false? Vaccine is strongly encouraged in Dubai not "compulsory"
Megacent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I will not be taking the vaccine under any circumstances. Even if it becomes law, even if you can't get a job without it. My body, my choice, and I will never compromise on that no matter what they do to me. They can fine me, or imprison me, or starve me to death through making it impossible to work without the vaccine. But I'm not taking it, ever.
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think compulsory vaccination unless compelling medical reasons is a great idea. I'd like it that you could only go to work/education/public transport/hospitality if proof of vaccination could be shown. So if Dubai go that way - hats off to them.

I can see no good reason whatsoever to refuse.
Megacent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Apachecow)
I'd like it that you could only go to work/education/public transport/hospitality if proof of vaccination could be shown.
Doing that would effectively condemn me and anyone else who refuses a vaccine to death, as we would be unable to earn a living. Is it really so important to you?
Last edited by Megacent; 3 weeks ago
Calibrated.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Megacent)
I will not be taking the vaccine under any circumstances. Even if it becomes law, even if you can't get a job without it. My body, my choice, and I will never compromise on that no matter what they do to me. They can fine me, or imprison me, or starve me to death through making it impossible to work without the vaccine. But I'm not taking it, ever.
First you refuse to wear masks because they upset you and now vaccines.

Can you please get over yourself and stop whining like a toddler?
Megacent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Calibrated.)
First you refuse to wear masks because they upset you and now vaccines.

Can you please get over yourself and stop whining like a toddler?
I will, as soon as people stop trying to get me to wear a muzzle and force medical treatments on me without my consent. Until then I will continue to speak out against it, because someone has to.
Last edited by Megacent; 3 weeks ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (154)
52.03%
No (142)
47.97%

Watched Threads