The Student Room Group

A-Level Revision (Economics)

Hi guys,
I've been stressing a lot lately about the future and grades and i started writing notes for the macroeconomics section of my Economics A-Level. I spend so much time writing these notes but when I turn back to look at them after, it's like I am trying to learn it all over again. I have quite good and detailed revision guides and I'm considering ditching the note-writing and just sticking to reading through the revision guides. Do you think it's a safe idea?
Most of the time you're better off using things such as flash cards rather than just re-writing notes. If you're answering the questions in the revision guide/past exam questions you will see much better progress than if you just keep re-reading notes.
Reply 2
Original post by isthistaken
Most of the time you're better off using things such as flash cards rather than just re-writing notes. If you're answering the questions in the revision guide/past exam questions you will see much better progress than if you just keep re-reading notes.

yeah true :/ thanks :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah I've used flash cards as well, another thing to is consider using the website Physics and Maths Tutor, they have loads of summaries on Economics topics which are very helpful.
In terms of revision guides I used the CGP one, not only is the information clearly laid out and engaging it's also quite funny when you read the end of topic jokes at the bottom of the pages aha. It certainly makes revision a bit more enjoyable. Alongside using the flash cards I often highlighted my revision guides, so in case I didn't revise for a while, as soon as I went back to it I'd get a visual memory of looking at it.

Lastly one of the main things to work on in Economics are the essay questions, see if it's possible to try out some of the 10/15/25 markers and send them to your teacher to get feedback. The more you do of those, the better you'll do over time and the structure of writing them will come naturally with practice.
Reply 4
Original post by Shafy97
Yeah I've used flash cards as well, another thing to is consider using the website Physics and Maths Tutor, they have loads of summaries on Economics topics which are very helpful.
In terms of revision guides I used the CGP one, not only is the information clearly laid out and engaging it's also quite funny when you read the end of topic jokes at the bottom of the pages aha. It certainly makes revision a bit more enjoyable. Alongside using the flash cards I often highlighted my revision guides, so in case I didn't revise for a while, as soon as I went back to it I'd get a visual memory of looking at it.

Lastly one of the main things to work on in Economics are the essay questions, see if it's possible to try out some of the 10/15/25 markers and send them to your teacher to get feedback. The more you do of those, the better you'll do over time and the structure of writing them will come naturally with practice.

I have actually got the CGP guide and to be honest the jokes are quite amusing!!

Quick Reply

Latest