Do you have curly hair? [Hair updates - I think]

Watch
umchileanyways
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Truflais)
Between 2a and 2b I'd say. It's very wavy but sometimes a lil more curly. Varies between;

my hair is like the first picture and its wavy and I have a very inconsistent curl pattern. When my hairs greasy or if I don't wash it for two days it gets quite curly like 2c/3a. Any tips?
Truflais
Badges: 20
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ruru06)
my hair is like the first picture and its wavy and I have a very inconsistent curl pattern. When my hairs greasy or if I don't wash it for two days it gets quite curly like 2c/3a. Any tips?
How often are you washing it? I wash it twice a week max. (Been working from home recently so once a week rn 😳) I spray leave in conditioner over night and leave it in a silk scarf. Sometimes I spray some salt spray mixed with oil on the ends and scrunch a little as my ends can be quite limp. Maybe look into a diffuser too if you don't have one?
umchileanyways
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How often are you washing it? I wash it twice a week max. (Been working from home recently so once a week rn 😳) I spray leave in conditioner over night and leave it in a silk scarf. Sometimes I spray some salt spray mixed with oil on the ends and scrunch a little as my ends can be quite limp. Maybe look into a diffuser too if you don't have one?
Usually twice a week or if it's really greasyy and the back of my hair is straight/wavy and its just the top that is wavy/curly
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If I don't use shampoo or conditioner at least every 2 days, it starts getting all weird and thick and difficult...
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
To answer my own question, I researched a bit on gradual hair loss with age and now ordered some supplements and medications off Amazon and SuperDrug. Active ingredients being minoxidil and finasteride, along with biotin supplements. Apparently these are clinically proven to promote hair growth / reduce hair loss.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Hmm... maybe this could be like my hair blog, but I still don't know if I'm losing hair or not or just being paranoid. I took some pics on my phone and will compare in a month I guess.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Finasteride is prescription only, but it is available to order from all the major UK pharmacies with automated prescription if you answer the health questionnaire. Minoxidil is available OTC and can be bought from pharmacies and Amazon UK.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have like 3c/4a curls and my hair is so tangled and messy in the morning probably because I move a lot in my sleep. I’m gonna get a hair bonet to wear as I sleep so that doesn’t happen. I use hair shampoo everyday but I stopped doing that as I was told it’s not good for my hair type. Maybe braid it or a twist your hair and put them in tiny sections overnight.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
I have like 3c/4a curls and my hair is so tangled and messy in the morning probably because I move a lot in my sleep. I’m gonna get a hair bonet to wear as I sleep so that doesn’t happen. I use hair shampoo everyday but I stopped doing that as I was told it’s not good for my hair type. Maybe braid it or a twist your hair and put them in tiny sections overnight.
I started using satin pillowcases, but it's not helped much really. I'm also a bit concerned it looks like the front of my head there's less hair I noticed... :eek:

Yeah I have also stopped using shampoo everyday, but after 2-3 days it starts getting a bit weird and uncomfortable. Maybe needs time to adjust.
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
I started using satin pillowcases, but it's not helped much really. I'm also a bit concerned it looks like the front of my head there's less hair I noticed... :eek:

Yeah I have also stopped using shampoo everyday, but after 2-3 days it starts getting a bit weird and uncomfortable. Maybe needs time to adjust.
Ask if someone else can notice it because sometimes we think we notice things about ourselves when it’s not as bad as we think.

I lose so much hair in the shower and brushing I think it’s normal for curly hair. We have too much knots
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Ask if someone else can notice it because sometimes we think we notice things about ourselves when it’s not as bad as we think.

I lose so much hair in the shower and brushing I think it’s normal for curly hair. We have too much knots
I took a picture on my phone. My sister said it looks like I'm losing it. The medicines and supplements are arriving tomorrow.
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I took a picture on my phone. My sister said it looks like I'm losing it. The medicines and supplements are arriving tomorrow.
Ok, watching the thread closely
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
My hair loss products have arrived. I would still like some opinions from others whether it looks like I’m losing my hair or not?
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
My hair loss products have arrived. I would still like some opinions from others whether it looks like I’m losing my hair or not?
Ok? Is there a pic
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Ok? Is there a pic
Sorry - see attached images, let me know as I'd like to delete them after.
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Sorry - see attached images, let me know as I'd like to delete them after.
where are they?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
where are they?
Can I send them to you in PM?
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Can I send them to you in PM?
Sure
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Sure
Thanks for your honesty - I'm gonna try out these medicines and supplements for a few months, take pics every couple of weeks and see if there's any difference.
Katya_93
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
All the advice on here is fantastic

All I'd like to add is also how you wash your hair has a massive affect on how much moisture is retained!
Eg.
When I shampoo my hair I won't run the shampoo through the length. I'll only concentrate on my scalp and when then wash it out like normal with it running through my hair.
Then when I condition ill focus 2/3rds down and push the conditioner up into the top part. Since I've been doing thay I've seen a major improvement in the frizziness of my hair.
Mines around a 2B btw.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (398)
52.16%
No (365)
47.84%

Watched Threads