A_B_C05
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Which sixth forms in London are worth it to go to which don't have really high grade boundaries? The courses I'm gonna take are all a levels which are economic, media and sociology.
Last edited by A_B_C05; 4 months ago
youyearslater
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
new vic
A_B_C05
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by youyearslater)
new vic
A lot of people that I know are going there so I would prefer to go somewhere where I'll meet new people. Also they don't have a media a level. Sorry I probably should have made that more clear, I edited it now.
Last edited by A_B_C05; 4 months ago
youyearslater
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by A_B_C05)
A lot of people that I know are going there so I would prefer to go somewhere where I'll meet new people. Also they don't have a media a level. Sorry I probably should have made that more clear, I edited it now.
there are lots of great sixth forms in the area but only a few that reached my standards to apply to I am deciding between a tough sixth form that encourages and motivates me to study and take that extra mile, and a sixth form that is comfortable and has room for mistakes and will not damage my mental health and corrupt my memories of youth where I can breathe. i suggested new Vic as my sister tells me the teachers care about students futures and mental health they are very diverse with a range of intellect levels making there a lot of room for growth through your peers.
other examples would be seven kings, Leyton, Brampton? I'm only familiar with the ones in east London sorry that's all the information i could provide
A_B_C05
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by youyearslater)
there are lots of great sixth forms in the area but only a few that reached my standards to apply to I am deciding between a tough sixth form that encourages and motivates me to study and take that extra mile, and a sixth form that is comfortable and has room for mistakes and will not damage my mental health and corrupt my memories of youth where I can breathe. i suggested new Vic as my sister tells me the teachers care about students futures and mental health they are very diverse with a range of intellect levels making there a lot of room for growth through your peers.
other examples would be seven kings, Leyton, Brampton? I'm only familiar with the ones in east London sorry that's all the information i could provide
Sorry for replying so late but I did apply to Leyton it seems like a really good environment!
a.christiana
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Sorry for replying so late but I did apply to Leyton it seems like a really good environment!
Same.! Did u get an offer
A_B_C05
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by a.christiana)
Same.! Did u get an offer
Yeah, I got a conditional offer! But I’ve actually decided that I’m not going there because of reviews and what I’ve heard from people saying it’s not very good and they leave you to be independent so it can be difficult to get help. Instead I’m thinking of accepting my offer to Beal Sixth Form which all my teachers are recommending to me and the reviews look really good too! Which sixth form are you thinking of going to?
a.christiana
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, I got a conditional offer! But I’ve actually decided that I’m not going there because of reviews and what I’ve heard from people saying it’s not very good and they leave you to be independent so it can be difficult to get help. Instead I’m thinking of accepting my offer to Beal Sixth Form which all my teachers are recommending to me and the reviews look really good too! Which sixth form are you thinking of going to?
I want to go city and Islington or woodhouse. If I get the grades for woodhouse than I will go there because I was put on the waiting list so I just have to wait until gcse day. Woodhouse entry requirements are harder than city and Islington so I might get Into city and not Woodhouse if that’s the case I will go city
A_B_C05
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to go city and Islington or woodhouse. If I get the grades for woodhouse than I will go there because I was put on the waiting list so I just have to wait until gcse day. Woodhouse entry requirements are harder than city and Islington so I might get Into city and not Woodhouse if that’s the case I will go city
I hope you get into woodhouse then. Wish you all the best of luck for your exams and I hope you get all the grades needed. 🥰
a.christiana
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hope you get into woodhouse then. Wish you all the best of luck for your exams and I hope you get all the grades needed. 🥰
Thank youuu !! same goes for you too
alg.xx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What have you heard about Leyton?
a.christiana
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alg.xx)
Leyton is bad. I saw a tik tok of Leyton it was horrible. I did get an offer but I’m not gonna go there
alg.xx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Leyton is bad. I saw a tik tok of Leyton it was horrible. I did get an offer but I’m not gonna go there
Can you tell me what tiktok it was
a.christiana
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The video was taken down. I have my camera roll but tsr doesn’t allow you to send videos only pictures
A_B_C05
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
It’s hard to make conversation with people at Leyton the area is very nice but the people are the most problematic and the main thing would be the people otherwise how would you go ahead in your day to day life if the students don’t seem approachable
A_B_C05
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I think I know which tiktok it is it might be a different one but you can type their account and it’s the first tiktok on that account: @amzndbillz
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.68%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (107)
21.15%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.87%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.34%

Watched Threads