Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Best halls for a first year 2021 who needs en-suite/studio but also sociability mid Covid
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Best halls for a first year 2021 who needs en-suite/studio but also sociability mid Covid
Hi!

I stayed in Rosalind Franklin in my first year. It was en-suite and mid-price range. It's right opposite 2 of the main clubs in Portsmouth and a 2-minute walk from others. Covid obviously does change things and it depends how you get along with your flatmates. There are 2 outside courtyards, so you will usually see people outside there depending on what rules the uni enforce come to Septemebr regarding halls and covid restrictions.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Thank you Chloe. That’s really helpful. All the absolute best c
Tegan 2222
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey I’m also heading to uni 2021 what halls have you heard are the best ?? I’m thinking of greetham
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi. It’s my daughter who’s heading to uni - she liked the look of Greetham, especially with “Sky lounge” common room but also thought Rosalind Franklin and Catherine House look good - as outside space and may not be able to mix in common rooms
Tegan 2222
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi. It’s my daughter who’s heading to uni - she liked the look of Greetham, especially with “Sky lounge” common room but also thought Rosalind Franklin and Catherine House look good - as outside space and may not be able to mix in common rooms
Thankyou so so much I think greetham is not going to be ideal price wise but Catherine I’ve heard great things about
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Tegan 2222)
Thankyou so so much I think greetham is not going to be ideal price wise but Catherine I’ve heard great things about
Catherine House seems to be sandwiched between city centre and a park with common room (if usable) and small outside space. But I gather it’s a case of put Portsmouth as your firm, await accommodation email any time after 20 Feb (check Spam too), respond swiftly with your accommodation application, putting halls in order of preference. Then hope for the best. Good luck with everything
Lavalizard101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't choose Harry Law Hall-terrible Wi-Fi (they know this but don't do anything to fix it (I am not on about the recent issues either, eduroam wi-fi has been terrible in HLH for years now (from personal experience of living there in both 1st and 3rd year).
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lavalizard101)
Don't choose Harry Law Hall-terrible Wi-Fi (they know this but don't do anything to fix it (I am not on about the recent issues either, eduroam wi-fi has been terrible in HLH for years now (from personal experience of living there in both 1st and 3rd year).
Thank you. Have booked into Greetham Street
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (118)
27.13%
England (155)
35.63%
Belgium (33)
7.59%
Germany (42)
9.66%
Spain (10)
2.3%
Italy (37)
8.51%
Netherlands (14)
3.22%
Other (Tell us who) (26)
5.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise