bebehehe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So I am really interested in studying law at uni and was just wondering which unis are the best for law. Obviously Cambridge and Oxbridge are the tops unis for law, but excluding that what other unis are good? I am interested in becoming a solicitor and securing a training contract with a Magic Circle Law firm in the future. I know that they tend to aim for Russell Group Universities, but is there a ranking? I looked online to see the rankings, however they are all different so I can't really use those.
If anyone is studying law at a particular Russell Group Uni, do you have any advice for a student like me?
Mikos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
For magic circle, pick some of the following:
LSE, UCL, KCL, Durham, Bristol, Leeds, Exeter, Nottingham, Warwick. Leeds, Exeter, Nottingham and Warwick will be harder to get an MC training contract from imo, but it’s most certainly doable providing your marks and CV are good. The others will put you in a good position for an MC training contract
sublime-baths
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Mikos)
For magic circle, pick some of the following:
LSE, UCL, KCL, Durham, Bristol, Leeds, Exeter, Nottingham, Warwick. Leeds, Exeter, Nottingham and Warwick will be harder to get an MC training contract from imo, but it’s most certainly doable providing your marks and CV are good. The others will put you in a good position for an MC training contract
As Johnny indicated, this information is wrong. I wouldn’t make such generalisations unless you’ve got hard evidence to back it up as it just spreads misinformation based on personal experience/feelings.

I’ve attended plenty of interviews, assessment centres and vacation schemes and I’ve never seen or heard any information to suggest that Exeter, Leeds, Nottingham or Warwick would put you at a disadvantage. In fact, one of my good friends attended Warwick and received 3 MC offers.

You’ll likely see more of some unis than others but I don’t think that’s necessarily due to the university itself, but more as a result of the average calibre of students who come from those universities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
7.69%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.62%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.77%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
46.15%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (12)
23.08%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
1.92%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed