I want to start revising but don't know which method to choose and how long to revise

Watch this thread
AK_017157
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,

I'm currently in Year 10 and I was supposed to have an English Lit GCSE exam this year which got cancelled due to covid.

However, we will still be getting our English Lit grade through Centre Assessed Grades.

I want to know how to revise as I think I might have a couple of class tests when I return to school In March and onwards. I've searched up multiple ways to revise but don't know which one to choose and it seems overwhelming.

I want to know how to revise for the following subjects: English Lit, Maths, and combined science with most of my focus being on English Lit as the grade for GCSE Lit is being given this year.

I think for maths all I should do are practise questions instead of making notes as maths is pretty much practise, for english I think I should make mind maps for each theme and character in a play but don't know if that is efficient. For science, I have a couple of online resources provided by school called Seneca or GCSE Pod.

Which revision method should I do and any tips on how to start revising and how much I should revise considering I only have 1 GCSE grade being given this year. Not to say I don't want to excel in the others but I think I should start light revision as my other GCSE exams are next year.
basolateral
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Honestly, I wish someone told me about this before, but anki is incredible. Use it to memorise essay plans, just make loads of essay plans for loads of possible questions and just memorise those, then practice writing those by hand. Use it to memorise quotes
Abuse anki for science too, just make loads of questions on everything you learn. Say you learnt about enzymes and found out there were 3 enzymes used in the body. You can then make a question asking all the types of enzymes used in the body. Use it for questions you keep getting wrong when doing past papers and you will realise that you don't have to study much. Just do your anki cards everyday
AK_017157
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by basolateral)
Honestly, I wish someone told me about this before, but anki is incredible. Use it to memorise essay plans, just make loads of essay plans for loads of possible questions and just memorise those, then practice writing those by hand. Use it to memorise quotes
Abuse anki for science too, just make loads of questions on everything you learn. Say you learnt about enzymes and found out there were 3 enzymes used in the body. You can then make a question asking all the types of enzymes used in the body. Use it for questions you keep getting wrong when doing past papers and you will realise that you don't have to study much. Just do your anki cards everyday
Firstly, I'm so sorry for the late reply.

So is anki basically like quizlet since it allows you to create flashcards? By essay plans do you mean like mind maps, and for english how shall I memorize quotes?

Also thank you so much for your response, I appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads