The Student Room Group

Applying to the Big 4 ( accounting )

I’m currently in yr 12 and thinking of applying to accounting apprenticeships instead of going uni, is this bad as I could be limiting my options? Also for a school leaver apprenticeship what experience will I need as I’ve never even had a job
Hi there. I'm a year 13 student and I have applied to an accountancy and finance course at university. at first it wasn't my initial choice as I heard that there were apprenticeships available where you could earn while you did an on the job training. I've applied to university as a plan B and apprenticeships as my no 1 choice. I made a choice to choose accountancy late so that's why i'm stuck with the different options as I had less time to think about it. But I think do your research now about what you prefer to do. There are many apprenticeships available such as ICAEW, AAT, Kaplan, Lloyds and many others. Ultimately, I think you should keep your choices opened just in case.
I don't think you need much experience as the course will teach you everything in itself so you don't have anything to worry about. :smile:
Depends. You’re limiting you’re options if you want to go I o OB/consulting. But if you want to do audit or accountancy then you’re not really.
Reply 3
Original post by bloograpefroot
I’m currently in yr 12 and thinking of applying to accounting apprenticeships instead of going uni, is this bad as I could be limiting my options? Also for a school leaver apprenticeship what experience will I need as I’ve never even had a job

You could apply for work experience with accounting firms. All of the Big 4 all have some, so it’ll be great experience if you are successful in gaining a place :smile:
Hi @bloograpefroot, I would suggest applying to both university and for an apprenticeships within the industry and within the university. Many universities are offering such schemes, as a guide here is what the University of South Wales offers in terms of degree apprenticeships, I hope this helps. Rebecca :smile: https://www.southwales.ac.uk/apprenticeships/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending