Car Insurance 17 year old

Watch
Red Crew Man
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am 17 and I have passed my theory and practical. What can I do to make sure my insurance is low? I was thinking of buying a very cheap broken down car,(I won't drive it) and insure that so I can build up my NCB. Is this a bad idea?
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Red Crew Man)
I am 17 and I have passed my theory and practical. What can I do to make sure my insurance is low? I was thinking of buying a very cheap broken down car,(I won't drive it) and insure that so I can build up my NCB. Is this a bad idea?
There is lots of things you can do to make your insurance cheaper as a 17 year old but nothing you can do to make it cheap.

I get your thinking with the ncb thing but it would be far cheaper to just not pay insurance at all for a few years.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A very cheap broken down car isn't going to be any cheaper to insure than a brand new one.
boblishman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's not a bad idea, but it's not a very good idea either.

You're 17. Insurance is going to be high no matter what car you buy. It only gets lower by you being a good driver.
medichope8
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The best cheapest car insurance is ladies first I’ve also heard more than smart wheels is great too but personally ladies first is the cheapest I’ve used
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (536)
51.15%
No (512)
48.85%

Watched Threads