As long as you stan gaming then you're an ally
Hell yeah brotha
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by quasa)
how much did you save? I had a look at pcs for a computer which matches the specs I wanted and they charge ~£200 more than the cost of components (albeit said computer is less specced than yours)
Tbh the gap between a prebuilt and building it yourself is slowly closing. Nowadays you don't save as much building it yourself but I still recommend building it because I don't trust a whole computer coming in the post.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
Tbh the gap between a prebuilt and building it yourself is slowly closing. Nowadays you don't save as much building it yourself but I still recommend building it because I don't trust a whole computer coming in the post.
I got mine irl, the problem is that parts do not have individual warranties and the warranty for the whole unit was pitifully short. (a year!!) Only found out how short the warranty was when the HDD failed and I had to buy a new one myself. This is definitely an advantage of building it yourself.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ImagineNotDating)
CPU: Four ARM Cortex A57 cores (theoretical max 2GHz)
GPU: 256 CUDA cores (theoretical max 1GHz)
Architecture: Nvidia second-generation Maxwell.
Texture: 16 pixels/cycle.
Fill: 14.4 pixels/cycle.
Memory: 4GB.
Memory Bandwidth: 25.6GB/s.
VRAM: Shared.

I pLaY oN nInTenDo SwItCh
That Tegra X1 chip is definitely showing its age tbh. Mario 3D world running at [email protected] in handheld mode is very mediocre. Also hearing the word "Maxwell" feels like travelling through time lol. I remember when the GTX 980 was THE card to have.
ImagineNotDating
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That Tegra X1 chip is definitely showing its age tbh. Mario 3D world running at [email protected] in handheld mode is very mediocre. Also hearing the word "Maxwell" feels like travelling through time lol. I remember when the GTX 980 was THE card to have.
I think that the Xjnxjn card is very useful as well and is a great asset to me.
TheMcSame
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Damn... Maxwell, sure does bring me back to when I was first diving into the whole PC thing. Weirdly reminds me of the 780... Though that was Keplar, right?
Last edited by TheMcSame; 4 weeks ago
quasa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I still have a functioning surface rt which has a tegra 3 chip. Still plays gta san andreas well at 720p :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (63)
12.26%
Virtual campus tours/open days (120)
23.35%
Live streaming events (46)
8.95%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (50)
9.73%
A uni comparison tool (120)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (115)
22.37%