How do I fix my sleep schedule and improve motivation to work?

Watch
stressed_out_rob
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I get about 1.5-3 hours of sleep a night primarily because I procrastinate doing homework and independent study until the early hours of the morning. I desperately need to fix this because it damages my physical and mental health and decreases the quality of my work and overall grades. I need to find the motivation to get work done on a reasonable time but I don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

zaina.aa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by stressed_out_rob)
I get about 1.5-3 hours of sleep a night primarily because I procrastinate doing homework and independent study until the early hours of the morning. I desperately need to fix this because it damages my physical and mental health and decreases the quality of my work and overall grades. I need to find the motivation to get work done on a reasonable time but I don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated
That was me a week ago^^

SLEEPING well makes all the difference, I found that because I was getting little to no sleep at night I always woke up tired and unmotivated to get anything done, try sleeping early and getting 7/8 hours of sleep and you'll see your physical health improve for sure.

And then second thing is your mindset, change it. literally don't start thinking about doing homework and thinking about how hard or time consuming its gonna be just don't think at all trust me, if you have work then get up and start it whether you are motivated to do it or not and you'll see that once you start and push yourself you'll be motivated to finish it. Get rid of any distractions that could distract you from doing your work. AND REMIND urself what you're working for and why it's important to finish your work i always just think about the university i wanna get in to and that helps motivate me. AND take breaks while doing your homework.

last thing is drinking a lot of water idk why but it really helps lmao
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by stressed_out_rob)
I get about 1.5-3 hours of sleep a night primarily because I procrastinate doing homework and independent study until the early hours of the morning. I desperately need to fix this because it damages my physical and mental health and decreases the quality of my work and overall grades. I need to find the motivation to get work done on a reasonable time but I don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Hi stressed_out_rob,

The quickest way to break your sleep schedule is to wake up early (7-8am) tomorrow. You'll have to stay awake throughout the day, and you'll feel tired and groggy, but once you've gotten into a routine of waking early and going to bed at a reasonable hour it will be worth it. So you don't stay up late doing work I'd schedule your day as much as you can and section off time to do different pieces of work. Make sure you know when deadlines are and set yourself reminders for upcoming deadlines so you don't lose track of time.

Lucy
heldbygrace
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The key is to keep your sleep and wake time identical every day. I know it sucks but if you need to get up at 7 on a weekday, to keep your body happy you need to get up at 7 on a weekend also. Aim to get 7-9 hours of sleep per night, ideally go to bed at 10 and get up at 7 every night of the week. Start you day with some exercise, as vigorous or gentle as suits you and eat plenty of breakfast and drink water throughout the day. Reward yourself throughout the day with treats and rest when you’ve done something and remember to know your bodies limits. If you can’t work in the afternoon, that’s ok, work in the mornings. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (167)
28.74%
No (414)
71.26%

Watched Threads