The Student Room Group

Guy won't talk to me

Hey don't be mean but I need some advice. I met this super cute guy on Bumble but now he won't talk to me :frown: He asked me what I'm looking for and said I want to settle down. I didn't ask him but he said he's looking for the same too. He asked to call me but I said I might be busy, and I was. He was chill about it though so I said we could call the next night. We did and he seemed so sweet, he was listening to me, asking me loads of questions and just trying to get to know me. I felt so bad that I had to cut it short because my mom came round so I said let's call again tomorrow. I asked if he was free the next day and he said yeah so I asked could I go over to his. He said he said no and asked to just keep it digital you know? But he said he does want to meet me. I felt really rejected by that though and don't understand why he wouldn't want me to come over when he said he really wants to meet me. I said I'd call him that night but I just didn't feel up for it and didn't. He sent me a video of his dog the next day and I was thinking wtf why did he send that. He then said that he hopes me and my family are doing OK. I don't know what he meant by that or why he said that. He sent a message saying he wanted to ask me out over the phone but asked if he wanted to meet in a park but I said no? Now he won't talk to me. He's so confusing. What did I do wrong?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
But he seemed so sweet and now he won't talk to me :frown:
this is kinda confusing because you felt rejected that he wanted to keep it digital but you turned him down when he wanted to meet
Reply 3
Original post by BluMoon06
this is kinda confusing because you felt rejected that he wanted to keep it digital but you turned him down when he wanted to meet

If he liked me then we could have hung out at his place. We'd stay safe and that
Original post by Anonymous
If he liked me then we could have hung out at his place. We'd stay safe and that

i understand youll stay safe but if you think about it, he asked to keep it digital and you were sad about that then when he asks to meet you say no. he was probably wondering why and decided to take a break maybe
Reply 5
i understand youll stay safe but if you think about it, he asked to keep it digital and you were sad about that then when he asks to meet you say no. he was probably wondering why and decided to take a break maybe

Take a break? What do you mean?
Take a break? What do you mean?

as in take a break from talking cos you turned him down and stuff
this is all a theory tho
Reply 7
as in take a break from talking cos you turned him down and stuff
this is all a theory tho

Oh ok :frown:
Oh ok :frown:

maybe give him a bit then talk to him again like hey how you been? do you wanna meet up? etc
Reply 9
maybe give him a bit then talk to him again like hey how you been? do you wanna meet up? etc

I guess :frown: I feel like such a ***** now though.
I guess :frown: I feel like such a ***** now though.

no dont feel like that. you didnt mean to do it
no dont feel like that. you didnt mean to do it

What about him. Did he do anything wrong do you think?
What about him. Did he do anything wrong do you think?

no problem :smile:
yh i think saying he wanted to keep it digital then asking to meet was a bit funny lol
no problem :smile:
yh i think saying he wanted to keep it digital then asking to meet was a bit funny lol

Maybe he just meant he didn't feel comfortable meeting in his house first. And he felt a virtual date would be better on that Saturday
Maybe he just meant he didn't feel comfortable meeting in his house first. And he felt a virtual date would be better on that Saturday

yh that makes sense tbh
Just a thought, maybe there is some sort of global health crisis going on that might effect you meeting up with other people, especially if you don't know who they've met up with before.
This is so confusing. Some guys (actually people in general not just guys) don't feel comfortable meeting people they don't know that well and haven't talked to much. He's saying he wants to meet you because he doesn't want to be rude about not being comfortable yet and he probably does and just wants to give it some time. Then you said you'd call him and didn't so now he thinks you're not interested. He sent you a video of his dog to break the ice because you made it awkward by not calling so now he doesn't know if you even want to talk anymore. It's not that weird to ask if someones family is okay because the pandemic is affecting a lot of families at the moment it's just polite. I'm just trying to understand why you would say no after he asked to meet ? We're not supposed to go in other peoples houses at the moment so can can only really meet out in the open. I'm not surprised he's not interested anymore because you gave sign after sign that you're not interested. Hope this was a useful insight. Sorry this sounds aggressive I didn't mean it that way at all. :smile:
Original post by ziggy03
This is so confusing. Some guys (actually people in general not just guys) don't feel comfortable meeting people they don't know that well and haven't talked to much. He's saying he wants to meet you because he doesn't want to be rude about not being comfortable yet and he probably does and just wants to give it some time. Then you said you'd call him and didn't so now he thinks you're not interested. He sent you a video of his dog to break the ice because you made it awkward by not calling so now he doesn't know if you even want to talk anymore. It's not that weird to ask if someones family is okay because the pandemic is affecting a lot of families at the moment it's just polite. I'm just trying to understand why you would say no after he asked to meet ? We're not supposed to go in other peoples houses at the moment so can can only really meet out in the open. I'm not surprised he's not interested anymore because you gave sign after sign that you're not interested. Hope this was a useful insight. Sorry this sounds aggressive I didn't mean it that way at all. :smile:

I guess.
He wanted to meet in a park. I thought it'd be nicer to have a drink in his place
I guess.
He wanted to meet in a park. I thought it'd be nicer to have a drink in his place

Consider the fact that we're in a pandemic and 100,000 people in the uk have died from covid. Has it not crossed your mind that he's had family die from it or had to spend time in an ICU and isn't too keen to break the rules? yes it would be nicer to have a drink but right now? seriously? The park is the only place you can meet right now. Speaking completely objectively these are huge red flags coming from you.
Hey girl,Be his friend first ,no expectations ,he is his own person and he's just doing his own thing ,he don't owe anyone any explanation and you don't owe anyone an explanation for how you feel .Be a friend first .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending