The Student Room Group

Is it hard getting into the tv production industry and what uni degrees do I need?

I recently have been thinking of taking a course at uni to get in the media and film industry, however im really lost on what uni courses should i consider and if its worth doing it.
Original post by Kiwi1238
I recently have been thinking of taking a course at uni to get in the media and film industry, however im really lost on what uni courses should i consider and if its worth doing it.

Film/ media type stuff...?
I also say a video about how a lot of directors started out in accounting bc directors need to know how to budget etc.
So maybe do a finance elective?
Reply 2
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
Film/ media type stuff...?
I also say a video about how a lot of directors started out in accounting bc directors need to know how to budget etc.
So maybe do a finance elective?

Yh you see , I was gonna be something like an accountant but realized i hate it , so theres no point in doing it, but how about business management?
Yh you see , I was gonna be something like an accountant but realized i hate it , so theres no point in doing it, but how about business management?

I’d still say do a media based degree but if you get to choose a module from other courses at any point in your degree (an elective) then pick something businessy
Reply 4
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
I’d still say do a media based degree but if you get to choose a module from other courses at any point in your degree (an elective) then pick something businessy

Ok got it thank you, also one more thing, what do you mean by module ? Im still not on board with all those uni things.
Ok got it thank you, also one more thing, what do you mean by module ? Im still not on board with all those uni things.

Similar to topics or chapeters at gcse/alevel
Learn about the thing, take an exam or coursework etc and it’ll contribute a certain percent to your grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending