The Student Room Group

sixth form interview video call!

i applied for a sixth form and they got back to me offering an online interview video call . what kind of questions are they going to ask and does anyone have any tips on how to answer their questions/ just suggestions of what to say during the video call please?
Reply 1
Original post by cheese toes
i applied for a sixth form and they got back to me offering an online interview video call . what kind of questions are they going to ask and does anyone have any tips on how to answer their questions/ just suggestions of what to say during the video call please?

I started sixth form in September although I can’t remember exactly what mine asked. I remember worrying about it a lot tho thinking the questions would be really hard when they actually weren’t. They usually just want a grasp on who you are and what you’d be like as a student. They also usually ask something like ‘so why did you pick our sixth form’ and my mum said the best advice for that was to suck up to them and basically boost their ego. Mention how good of a school it is and how you’d really thrive in your studies with their help. Also have some questions prepared for them, only like one or two. They usually ask at the end ‘do you have any questions for us?’ which most people won’t really but they’ll be impressed if you do, and show a genuine interest. Idk if I made that sound more complicated than it is haha trust me it’s not too bad, good luck x
Original post by AmyRL29
I started sixth form in September although I can’t remember exactly what mine asked. I remember worrying about it a lot tho thinking the questions would be really hard when they actually weren’t. They usually just want a grasp on who you are and what you’d be like as a student. They also usually ask something like ‘so why did you pick our sixth form’ and my mum said the best advice for that was to suck up to them and basically boost their ego. Mention how good of a school it is and how you’d really thrive in your studies with their help. Also have some questions prepared for them, only like one or two. They usually ask at the end ‘do you have any questions for us?’ which most people won’t really but they’ll be impressed if you do, and show a genuine interest. Idk if I made that sound more complicated than it is haha trust me it’s not too bad, good luck x

thank you so much! that's great advice i'll take note of it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending