Really? Tried on ocr's website, there is only one there

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing this?

ReputationRep:
    ummm...why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    ummm...why?
    I need to find out who is doing this paper so I can sit this paper at their centre. I entered for this paper, but the centre got rejected because it was not 'internationally accredited'. So I really need to find out, it's basically a week next month, so I need to enter soon

Edit: I did the coursework option, but I'm not allowed to redo it because it is an assessed practical, so this is my only option if I want to improve on my low A . Also I'm doing W2, therefore I should find W1 a piece of cake

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's quite a problem.
    You might want to post exactly where would be suitable for you (ie, what part of the city/ or just what town/city). You wouldn't want to do any travelling at this time of the year...

Good Luck with that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    Oh, that's quite a problem.
    You might want to post exactly where would be suitable for you (ie, what part of the city/ or just what town/city). You wouldn't want to do any travelling at this time of the year...

Good Luck with that!
    Cheers, good point.

Preferably in London, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Also if you want to do W1, you'll have to do Biology Unit 3 again as well at the same centre. AFAIK the two papers must be sat together at the same centre.

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at this .pdf file It contains a listing of centres that accept private candidates.

Call a few of them and check whether they offer W1 (I don't think it'll be classed as a practical because its an entirely written paper). You've missed the initial March 21st deadline, and so will have to pay late fees. You will have to apply for the exam before 30th April.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Also check this site... More info for private candidates...

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any GCSE AQA Spanish Past Paper; i've looked on the AQA Website, but the papers are only for last year, and year before?

Thank You.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any GCSE AQA Spanish Past Paper; i've looked on the AQA Website, but the papers are only for last year, and year before?

Thank You.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArVi)
    Also if you want to do W1, you'll have to do Biology Unit 3 again as well at the same centre. AFAIK the two papers must be sat together at the same centre.
    are really you sure? (That might be why it got rejected)

please reply soon because this is quite urgent

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure about this, because a friend of mine who repeated Unit 3 Paper 3 in January had to take W1 again as well. It is technically a single unit (Unit 3) and its marks are issued together so I'm pretty sure you have to do Unit 3 Paper 3 and Unit 2 Paper 2 (W1) together. I'll check again...

ReputationRep:
    The specification says that W1 is:
    (Original post by Edexcel Specification - Page 9)
    Available for international centres only.
    Are you sure that you are allowed to take this exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edexcel)
    Paper 02 W1 (available for international centres only). Candidates will take a written paper as an alternative mode of assessment for the individual investigation (International private centres and international private candidates must take this written alternative).
    I don't know whether this means that you can only take it outside the UK? :confused:

----------------

Also:

(Original post by Edexcel)
    Paper 01 T1 Practical assessment of coursework
    Compulsory for home centres and available to centres approved as International Teaching
    Institutions. Candidates will present an individual investigation which will be teacher assessed. The reports from selected candidates will be inspected by a moderator appointed by Edexcel. Further details are given on page 58 onwards and in Appendix 3. International centres may offer Paper 02 as an alternative to this paper.

Paper 02 W1 Written alternative paper
    Available for international centres only. International private centres and candidates MUST
    take this written alternative.

ReputationRep:
    According to the Edexcel biology specifcaiton W2 can be taken at home (UK) and international centres. W1 however can only be taken at international centres. So i don't think you'll be able to do W1 (this is also probably why they rejected your entry in the first place)

You can however resit Unit 3 Paper 3 if you want and have your coursework marks transferred to the new Paper 3 result and use it to recalculate your unit 3 UMS

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArVi)
    According to the Edexcel biology specifcaiton W2 can be taken at home (UK) and international centres. W1 however can only be taken at international centres. So i don't think you'll be able to do W1 (this is also probably why they rejected your entry in the first place)
    no, I'm 100% I can do it here. I phoned edexcel international about it and they said I can do it as a private candidate as long as the centre is 'edexcel internationally accredited'. Also I got a past paper from a person in the UK.

I think it must of been because I had to do both papers at the same centre...

thanks for your help, I appreciate it. (I'll give some rep when I can)

ReputationRep:
    so anybody found any salters ocr past papers yet???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    no, I'm 100% I can do it here. I phoned edexcel international about it and they said I can do it as a private candidate as long as the centre is 'edexcel internationally accredited'. Also I got a past paper from a person in the UK.

I think it must of been because I had to do both papers at the same centre...

thanks for your help, I appreciate it. (I'll give some rep when I can)
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    dammit if it is true, now I'll have to withdraw my unit 3 paper 3 and enter for unit 3 paper 3 and 2 with double fees

I know for certain the compulsary and written practical have to be done at the same time, like chemistry, but I will have to phone up and ask if it has to be at the same centre.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.