Past papers Watch

This discussion is closed.
peaches_2479
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
cd puk im doing AS physics and im trying to revise for thermodynamics and electricity how did you did u just do alot of past papers or did you just read alot for the books
e_clark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
go to http://www.projectmaths.co.uk/ they have most of the mark schemes etc for solomon and edexcel papers its well worth a look, i knwo the c3 and c4 collection are complete at least
cdpuk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks everybody

(Original post by Deathscythe HG)
well done...hmm...how come there's no CIE?
I had no idea what CIE was until I googled it just then :p: The only reason it's not there is because nobody has added it yet! You're welcome to add content for CIE specifications if you want.

-Chris
cdpuk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by peaches_2479)
cd puk im doing AS physics and im trying to revise for thermodynamics and electricity how did you did u just do alot of past papers or did you just read alot for the books
How did I revise for it? (Well that's how I interpreted your question with some added punctuation :p: and it's off-topic, but oh well)

At the time I did loads of past papers, and only read what I needed out the book to do the past papers. My new revision method this year is to write up my notes to the WikiNotes site, working through examples as I go: http://wikinotes.cdpuk.net. A lot of my notes from last year are here:
http://wikinotes.cdpuk.net/wiki/Unit...hermal_physics

-Chris
crazygirl4521
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
Nice site.
futureaussiecto
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by oxymoron)
When you're downloading papers off the emailed.org.uk site please think of my poor internet connection and only download what you really need!
The site is experiencing a very high demand at the moment due to the time of year, so please think before you download!
Also if you get errors or very slow download times, try coming back another time - my little home server is designed for this kind of usage!

On a positive note, I have just uploaded some more papers that I've been sent so you may want to check them out. I hope they are useful!

Good luck with your exams this summer!
you know where i can find salters physics PSA04 mark schemes to those papers you have on there?
Revd. Mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Excellent! Come midnight, there'll be some rep flying your way, just wish it was worth something. I'll be happy to contribute some of the notes I produced, good job!
oxymoron
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by futureaussiecto)
you know where i can find salters physics PSA04 mark schemes to those papers you have on there?
Sorry no - I can only put up what I get sent! I have no idea where else to find anything!
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
sorry for asking again, but is there anyone in the UK doing this paper?
h...
Report 12 years ago
can nyone give me past papers of islamiat november 05? its urgent...
h...
Report 12 years ago
can nyone give me past papers of islamiat november 05? its urgent...
schrodingerscat
Report 12 years ago
I did this course - this exam was fairly easy. You know you get the 'source material' - all u gotta do for the first section of the exam is make sure you read it carefully and understand everything in it (usually not too hard from the past papers I saw), and then it'll be pretty clear what questions might come up.

I.e. if they give you an eqn or a graph or a table, then you'll probably be asked something about that. Look for bits that link in with the syllabus and make sure you know the associated eqns.

Even if you dont understand some bits then its likely that they'll have just put those bits in for your information and they wont come up in the questions. Remember you shouldnt have to know any additional material outside the course syllabus and the booklet.

So the first section's quite easy - just try and predict what questions will come up and make sure you cover the areas.

The second section of the exam is harder and as far as I can remember they can ask you anything from the two years of AS and A2. Brush up on the optics, communications, materials, equations of motion etc from AS and make sure you know the A2 stuff and you'll be fine.
schrodingerscat
Report 12 years ago
AAAaaaaaaaaah section C. I absolutely screwed this up in the exam - left about ten minutes for it cos I hated it. Then misinterpreted the question jusging by what everyone else put.

But, come results day, it turned out I'd aced both the exams despite making a completely ****-up of both section Cs.

So... my advice is: make sure you leave at least 15 mins for the section - preferably 20; prepare some 'stock' answers based on past papers and what they might ask, use your coursework; but dont worry if you muck it up or it seems like you are writing pure bull shizzle cos they seem to mark it really generously anyway.

Lush.
SNAZZ42
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Please, if anyone knows where I can access this markscheme I need it urgently!

Appreciate any responses!

Thanx

S
Kicky
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I liked section C! Just make wure you have an example of a material, a sensor, and image and an image sender eg. email/fax etc and do as many past papers as you can.

As for revision guides, there are some, but they don't cover all the points. I found an ocr B guide that didn't even have imaging. My advice would be to use the specification along with the dreaded textbook and that should cover everything you need to know

dimensions
Report 12 years ago
Hi,

this is my first post here so please be kind
Well i was just wondering when are the marks schemes for exams made availible i was wondering if i could get hold of one the day after or the same day as the exam? official or unofficial

anyone?

thanks.
Ourkid
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by vittel)
anyone know what's OCR phy (B) synoptic paper is like??

how many sections are there?
You should have recieved the insert already. I recieved mine a couple of weeks ago from school...
Its a lot of field and particle pictures style stuff, with the pair creation/annihilation etc... something about the sun

You need to know everything though anyway, for the second synoptic bit.

Section A is on the insert
Section B is on everything throughout course

methinks

kind regards
w00tt
insparato
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Does anyone have the 05 and 06 physics a papers for forces and motion and wave properties thanks might have to buy them! argh
also1412
Report 12 years ago
awesome site. i like that but i think if you can make it in ASP coding it would be nicer ( coz i like asp) hehe
also1412
Report 12 years ago
it is been long i have not logged on to this room... but this is kinda the last and the most hopeful opportunity that i can have to....

ask for the paper as the mock exam is just tomorrow and if i can have that paper...

thank you thank you thank you thank you
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (175)
80.28%
Leave (43)
19.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise