Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Help! Argh I've looked absolutely and completely everywhere and on every search engine with a variety of terms trying to find some. But its become a bit of a joke, and OCR's website doesn't have any (just a specimen; which interestingly enough is out-of-date with the mark allocation as the paper now uses a new format) which is a bit of a disgrace really.

Where can I find some? I really need some document papers in particular.

Anything would help!

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing OCR general studiesfor AS?
    The scientific domain seems really easy but the longer questions seem t have really strange marking allocations, like 4 marks for answering one word questions
    how much do u hav to write for those shrtish questions like y is oxygen used for breathing????

also on the second essay part with 40marks, does anyone have a rough marking guide? what kind of things are the examiners looking for, good english, knowledge? length?

And is there actually any point to trying to get a good grade for GRS??

ReputationRep:
    AQA past papers can be found on the AQA site, www.aqa.org.uk

ReputationRep:
    i need edexcel physics past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrRW)
    Hey, Does anyone have past practical papers for phy 3 edexcel because i am not exactly sure what to expect.

thanks
    Neither am I.... and I don't think they expect you to expect something specifically.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeh i did... For electiricity you mite get the questions abt setting up a circuit n then recording the measurements, if you arent able to set up a circuit then you can ask the Supervisor to do tht for n u will only lose upto 2-3 marks for tht..
    you mite get a question on about whether the readings you got for 2 values for resistance show any relationship with Ohm's law or not etc etc.. Do revise how about the potential dividers coz they seem to be the examiner's favourite..
    About thermodynamics you could get a substances who's temperature you have to measure for sometimes until it falls below a certain value n then comment on tht.. n include your precautions n apparatus n a graph along with how to use it, if the question asks you to design a further experiment..

ReputationRep:
    Physics practicle past papers are almost non existing...
    but...then again...practicles aren't something that you can really revise for anyway....

ReputationRep:
    I was looking for them as well...but not anymore I guess....
    Exams is in exactly 12 hours for me...
    Wishing everyone else that is doing the practicle the best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck eveyone.

I am in Group 3 meaning I am going to be locked whole day till my physics exam in the afternoon.

Btw How does this signifiant figures work?

ReputationRep:
    The simple rule for this is you cant get an answer more accurate than the lowest value u used in the calculation. E.g. 2.06/1.25= 1.648, but you shouldn't quote all the figures because your calculations involve 2 decimal places so you can only give your answer to 2 decimal places. Obviously you cant be more accurate than the values you r using. So your answer is 1.65 after you round it off..

ReputationRep:
    here, i have typed up the Jan 05 W2 Paper for anyone taking the test....

Hope u find it usefull.......

P.s. woulodnt mind some rep if u find it helpfull
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Jan05.pdf (23.5 KB, 349 views)

ReputationRep:
    Thanx buddy, I do hope u rnt expecting much replies as we got tht paper tomorrow n many of us will be busy going through the paper rather than posting..
    Take care...

ReputationRep:
    can any one tell me where to get past Edexel Intermediet Maths papers from .. thx :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.gcsemathspastpapers.com

ReputationRep:
    do u have a better site ? a site which actually gives the actual past papers for free .. thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yas245)
    do u have a better site ? a site which actually gives the actual past papers for free .. thx
    Those questions are from the Edexcel exam board.

ReputationRep:
    no the papers are based from the ed exel papers so there not the actual papers

ReputationRep:
    people imagine this............ in six weeks time, it'll be a nice warm sunny afternoon, you'll have finished ure exams on friday 24th (maybe even earlier some of you) this is the first day in your entire life thats its a weekday and you cannot think of workin or revisin or school because its all over gcses are done, and you cant do other school work because youve left!! (even itf youre goin sixth form(like me) or college, because you cant prep for them)

you can lie in all day, without feeling guilty that you could have done some work

WOOHOO!!! weve nearly made it people!

ReputationRep:
    can any one tell me where to get past Edexel Intermediet Maths papers from .. thx :tsr:
    mate ask your school, they should have some

if your wanting to get familar with the format ask your school, but if just want an example of types of gsce level questions, go to the aqa website aqa.org.uk i think, for types of questions

ReputationRep:
    no the papers are based from the ed exel papers so there not the actual papers
    True, at least that those kinds of questions would come up though.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.