Revise Computer Science GCSE?

Watch
heldbygrace
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,
has anyone got any tips on how to revise computer science. I assume practise questions are the best way to learn but I guess notes are also needed? Personally, I don't think its particularly easy to make flashcards for CS.

aiwiloistyping
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I agree, flashcards can be pretty time consuming. For me, re-writing notes really helps, even though many teachers say not to do that. What I do is note down a question, eg 'what can overclocking do' and what I need to remember exactly, eg 'overclocking - more data processed per sec - can cause crashes and permanent damage to system' and re write it like 4 times. Then I leave that for 5 minutes or so, revise something else and write it again, trying to remember as much as possible. After a while try speaking the answer aloud instead of writing. Surprisingly it really helps, but I'd encourage to answer proper questions too and ones where you need to write explanations too.
heldbygrace
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by aiwiloistyping)
I agree, flashcards can be pretty time consuming. For me, re-writing notes really helps, even though many teachers say not to do that. What I do is note down a question, eg 'what can overclocking do' and what I need to remember exactly, eg 'overclocking - more data processed per sec - can cause crashes and permanent damage to system' and re write it like 4 times. Then I leave that for 5 minutes or so, revise something else and write it again, trying to remember as much as possible. After a while try speaking the answer aloud instead of writing. Surprisingly it really helps, but I'd encourage to answer proper questions too and ones where you need to write explanations too.
Wow I've actually never heard of someone revising like that before. Thank you so much, I'll give it a try!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (535)
51.1%
No (512)
48.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise