CrysCrysxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
An electric fan heater contains a motor that blows hot air into the room. Describe the changes in the energy stores of the heater.

Ive been sitting here for half hour trying to understand it i dont know whether its asking for useful and wasted energy or not?
Hallouminatus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CrysCrysxx)
An electric fan heater contains a motor that blows hot air into the room. Describe the changes in the energy stores of the heater.

Ive been sitting here for half hour trying to understand it i dont know whether its asking for useful and wasted energy or not?
Energy stores are things like kinetic, potential, thermal, electric, chemical etc. Which of these are involved here, and how is energy transferred between them?
CrysCrysxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hallouminatus)
Energy stores are things like kinetic, potential, thermal, electric, chemical etc. Which of these are involved here, and how is energy transferred between them?
Electric, thermal and kinetic?. Electric because of the movement of the fan, then thermal because of the heat being generated by the fan, then kinetic because of the sound also being made?
Hallouminatus
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CrysCrysxx)
Electric, thermal and kinetic?. Electric because of the movement of the fan, then thermal because of the heat being generated by the fan, then kinetic because of the sound also being made?
Yes, those are the three stores involved, but the explanation needs a bit more work. The fan heater has two main components: an electric heater which heats the air, and an electric fan, which moves the air over the heater. Think about energy input and output for each component.
CrysCrysxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hallouminatus)
Yes, those are the three stores involved, but the explanation needs a bit more work. The fan heater has two main components: an electric heater which heats the air, and an electric fan, which moves the air over the heater. Think about energy input and output for each component.
Thank you for this by the way it actually helped alot
Hallouminatus
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm glad it helped. Feel free to post a revised answer if you want further feedback.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (378)
14.78%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (283)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (359)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (119)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.06%
Loneliness (218)
8.52%
Financial worries (94)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.69%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (224)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (241)
9.42%

Watched Threads