Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by hcudhufdfddffd)
I want to do a economics degree however i didnt pick maths
Can i still do this with Chem
Biology
Ecomomics
it depends because if you have maths it will be much better. The subject combinations would match and universities would look for students who do related subjects to gain the skills beneficial for the degree. For example, my A levels are Maths, Economics, and History.
tjames988
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I want to do a economics degree however i didnt pick maths
Can i still do this with Chem
Biology
Ecomomics
Yes you can, but your uni choices will be limited as more unis require maths than ones which dont
hcudhufdfddffd
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Perera08)
it depends because if you have maths it will be much better. The subject combinations would match and universities would look for students who do related subjects to gain the skills beneficial for the degree. For example, my A levels are Maths, Economics, and History.
Im predicted a 8 in Maths how big is the jump from GCSEs
confuzzledteen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
A Level Maths & GCSE Maths - two very different things. I really do think you should take Maths if you want to go into Economics.
BenRyan99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm a 3rd year Economics uni student so I can tell you that maths is pretty important at degree level for economics. The very best unis you can study economics without maths a-level are Nottingham, Edinburgh, Exeter and Leeds. Don't get me wrong they're pretty good unis generally but it means you won't be able to apply to any of the ones like Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bristol, Durham, Kings, Bath, Manchester, etc. So you'd be limiting yourself a bit but it depends on what sort of unis you want to go to.
jxsoph
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Im predicted a 8 in Maths how big is the jump from GCSEs
GCSE -> AS jump is minimal.

AS level begins with stuff like index laws and expanding brackets (seriously).

There is a lot of overlap with GCSE content.

AS -> A2 is a bigger jump, but keep on top of your work and you will be just fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (338)
83.66%
No (66)
16.34%

Watched Threads