The Student Room Group

Law

Anyone have any recommendations for law books which I could include in my personal statement? Particularly for tort law!
Tyyy
Hey! i'd recommend Reasonable doubts, Eve was Framed (both of which i enjoyed). Other books you could read are Rule of Law, The trial and About Law. Honestly i wouldn't recommend just listing books in your personal statement. Unless you're actually going to show the admissions tutors what you learned, and analyse, in effect, how reading it has your perspectives, for example, its pretty pointless. I also wouldn't recommend reading a book specifically about tort law, because to admissions tutors it almost makes you seem like you're going in with a closed-mind. You should try and appear more open about seeking knowledge and wanting to learn about all law. This will make you seem like a more ideal candidate for a law course, than someone who's fixated on a point of law that they've just read about on the internet, for example.
Reply 2
Original post by Laptop2638
Hey! i'd recommend Reasonable doubts, Eve was Framed (both of which i enjoyed). Other books you could read are Rule of Law, The trial and About Law. Honestly i wouldn't recommend just listing books in your personal statement. Unless you're actually going to show the admissions tutors what you learned, and analyse, in effect, how reading it has your perspectives, for example, its pretty pointless. I also wouldn't recommend reading a book specifically about tort law, because to admissions tutors it almost makes you seem like you're going in with a closed-mind. You should try and appear more open about seeking knowledge and wanting to learn about all law. This will make you seem like a more ideal candidate for a law course, than someone who's fixated on a point of law that they've just read about on the internet, for example.

Noted! Thank you much appreciated!😊😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest