Beccaasxo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I’ve applied to do Japanese studies this year at uclan, Sheffield, Durham, oxford brookes and Manchester.
Last edited by ecolier; 5 months ago
studentlemon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I've firmed Sheffield for Japanese Studies!!
Chloeadams1919
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’m currently choosing between Sheffield and Newcastle for Japanese studies 🙌
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
This is the appropriate forum to start a thread discussing Japanese or Japanese Studies degrees.

Note that linking to offsite platforms including apps like whatsapp is against the TSR terms of service. For safeguarding reasons all discussions here must remain on TSR.
Beccaasxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by studentlemon)
I've firmed Sheffield for Japanese Studies!!
What offer did they give you? They gave me ABB but it’s a little too high for me :,)
Beccaasxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chloeadams1919)
I’m currently choosing between Sheffield and Newcastle for Japanese studies 🙌
Ah I didn’t know Newcastle did Japanese studies! What offers have you gotten?
studentlemon
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Beccaasxo)
What offer did they give you? They gave me ABB but it’s a little too high for me :,)
That's the offer they gave me too, why don't you think you'll meet the offer? They wouldn't have given you it if they didn't think you could get it so you should have more faith if you really want to go! Japanese at Sheffield is usually in clearing too so there's a possibility they'll accept you onto the course if you're results are below but very close to the offer.

What's your top choice uni right now?
Chloeadams1919
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I have an unconditional from Newcastle, and ABB from Sheffield, leads and Manchester - was rejected from Cambridge sadly 😂
Last edited by Chloeadams1919; 5 months ago
Beccaasxo
Rep:
?
That's the offer they gave me too, why don't you think you'll meet the offer? They wouldn't have given you it if they didn't think you could get it so you should have more faith if you really want to go! Japanese at Sheffield is usually in clearing too so there's a possibility they'll accept you onto the course if you're results are below but very close to the offer.

What's your top choice uni right now?
My current grades are ACC but one of the grades I’m barely getting a C in, I’m wanting to get into Manchester as it’s closest but honestly I’m happy with whatever I get
Beccaasxo
Rep:
?
I have an unconditional from Newcastle, and ABB from Sheffield, leads and Manchester - was rejected from Cambridge sadly 😂
Ah wow that’s great!! I heard you can get unconditional by placing some unis as your firm
studentlemon
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
My current grades are ACC but one of the grades I’m barely getting a C in, I’m wanting to get into Manchester as it’s closest but honestly I’m happy with whatever I get
I hope it all works out for you! It's nice meeting people who are looking to study Japanese, I haven't found many others so far.
Chloeadams1919
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’m sure you’ll make it in don’t worry! What Alevels are you taking? I’m doing art, film studies, English combined and an EPQ.
Beccaasxo
Rep:
?
I’m sure you’ll make it in don’t worry! What Alevels are you taking? I’m doing art, film studies, English combined and an EPQ.
Chem,bio, art and epq
Beccaasxo
Rep:
?
I hope it all works out for you! It's nice meeting people who are looking to study Japanese, I haven't found many others so far.
We have a WhatsApp groupchat if you want to join!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.09%
Uncertainty around my education (37)
10.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (40)
11.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.62%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.64%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.72%
Financial worries (24)
6.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.35%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.09%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.9%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (35)
10.14%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.25%

Watched Threads