Olamidexo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have received all my offers back from my chosen universities. When I select the ones I want for my firm and insurance, how soon after do I start applying for accommodation? Would I apply for both universities? Is it a first come, first serve basis? Is there a deadline?

When would you advise applying for student finance? Do I open a student bank account before this?

Sorry for the load of questions. Any help at all would be much appreciated
mt_zz
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You should be able to check on the respective uni websites to see when applications for accommodation open. Back when I applied for my particular uni, it was not first-come-first-served, but there was a deadline for making an application. Typically, you can only apply for accommodation for your firm choice, but it's worth double-checking these things.

According to UCAS, student finance applications are expected to open in March but again, it's worth double-checking. I personally tend to apply as soon as applications open just to get things sorted and avoid forgetting. There's no huge rush but I would recommend applying well before the expected course start date so that you receive your loan on time.
Olamidexo
Rep:
?
very helpful and much appreciated !
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
my daughter wasn't able to convert her existing bank account with Santander to a student account until she had the confirmation from UCAS after the grades were issued. As long as you have a bank account in your name - which doesn't need to be a student account - then you just put that on the finance application. You can always change it later.
Olamidexo
Rep:
?
Thank you!

(Original post by ReadingMum)
my daughter wasn't able to convert her existing bank account with Santander to a student account until she had the confirmation from UCAS after the grades were issued. As long as you have a bank account in your name - which doesn't need to be a student account - then you just put that on the finance application. You can always change it later.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise