Birke
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by achang324)
Were you invited to an interview before your status changed to GAO?
No, but I had several informal discussions and, one might say, "interviews" with my prospective supervisor prior to submitting my application, so they already told me I shouldn't expect an interview.
Bobbybrays00
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Were you invited to an interview before getting GAO status?
(Original post by jonnyiw)
I just moved to GAO. Took less than 1 hour after degree committee. I'll believe it when the offer comes through....
Wow that was fast! Congrats! Mine hasn’t moved yet but I’m hopeful it will soon. When did you apply?
jonnyiw
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bobbybrays00)
Wow that was fast! Congrats! Mine hasn’t moved yet but I’m hopeful it will soon. When did you apply?
I applied on the 1st of October, feels ages ago now. Still won't be celebrating until the offer actually comes in but happy with the progress!
Bobbybrays00
Rep:
?
I applied on the 1st of October, feels ages ago now. Still won't be celebrating until the offer actually comes in but happy with the progress!
Wow that’s long time! Congrats! The letter should come soon!
jonnyiw
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wow that’s long time! Congrats! The letter should come soon!
Thank you! Good luck to you as well . I applied very early as I'm working at the moment not studying, so no essays/exams to worry about. I didn't actually give it much thought until January, but since I've been active on here I can't stop checking it lol.
achang324
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you! Good luck to you as well . I applied very early as I'm working at the moment not studying, so no essays/exams to worry about. I didn't actually give it much thought until January, but since I've been active on here I can't stop checking it lol.
Congrats! Are you from the UK?
My status hasn't moved yet. I wonder if it's because I'm an international student.
goldhazel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Same, I'm really hoping for some movement before today ends, really don't wanna go through a whole weekend of nothing
MS6798
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My application status moved to GAO today, I applied on 2/12 for the political and economic pathway !
jonnyiw
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congrats! Are you from the UK?
My status hasn't moved yet. I wonder if it's because I'm an international student.
I am from the UK
jonnyiw
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MS6798)
My application status moved to GAO today, I applied on 2/12 for the political and economic pathway !
Congrats!!!
Bobbybrays00
Rep:
?
(Original post by MS6798)
Omg! Congrats 🎉 ahhh this is exciting!
MS6798
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congrats!!!
Thank you! Congrats to you as well! I’m not celebrating, I really hope I won’t be the exception to the GAO rule lol
Luuuuuuna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
applied for the Marginality and exclusion on 02/12 but my status is still “submitted”, I guess my application is a failure now T_T
goldhazel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Luuuuuuna)
applied for the Marginality and exclusion on 02/12 but my status is still “submitted”, I guess my application is a failure now T_T
Submitted on 03/12, still on submitted too
Bobbybrays00
Rep:
?
No it’s not. The department is still getting to it all. You should hear back by this week or next.
Last edited by Bobbybrays00; 3 weeks ago
Luuuuuuna
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That is so sweet of you! Thank you! : )

No it’s not. The department is still getting to it all. You should here back by this week or next.
getminegetyours
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No it’s not. The department is still getting to it all. You should hear back by this week or next.
Hope so!

I do imagine some of the applications have been waitlisted (scrambling to find suitable supervisors).
mphilsoc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys! My application went to degree committee yesterday and then GAO today! Also I applied at the end of November if that helps anyone!
Luuuuuuna
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mphilsoc)
Hi guys! My application went to degree committee yesterday and then GAO today! Also I applied at the end of November if that helps anyone!
Could you please tell which programme? And congrats!!!
mphilsoc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Could you please tell which programme? And congrats!!!
Thank you!!! Marginality and exclusion, I had named a supervisor I had been in contact with for a while because I applied last year too so it might've been quicker due to that!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.97%
Virtual campus tours/open days (111)
23.22%
Live streaming events (44)
9.21%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.62%
A uni comparison tool (108)
22.59%
An in-person event when available (107)
22.38%