The Student Room Group

Struggling to stay motivated

Hi guys, as college will now be online until March, I’m really struggling with studying, I want to do Law at Uni but I can barely get up to study for a levels, it just feels so draining. I currently take English Lit, Law and Religious studies which are really stressing me out! I have another year to go until exams but right now I’m at around a C grade for all of these subjects :frown:
This is a list
Rewards that work

Head massage
New books etc
Trip away somewhere hot
Free makeup boxes
Pamper evening complete full of TV shows, a bowl of hot water and face masks
Movie and ice cream bowl night full of popcorn buckets and old time sweets
Celebration party with poker gin and chess
Karaoke session
Towel and foot spa session
Story telling and painting club
Game night
Romantic dinner by candlelight
Picnic in the park
BBQ and dance evening
Disco and music
Sit down dinner
Take out from somewhere
Reply 2
Original post by tinygirl96
This is a list
Rewards that work

Head massage
New books etc
Trip away somewhere hot
Free makeup boxes
Pamper evening complete full of TV shows, a bowl of hot water and face masks
Movie and ice cream bowl night full of popcorn buckets and old time sweets
Celebration party with poker gin and chess
Karaoke session
Towel and foot spa session
Story telling and painting club
Game night
Romantic dinner by candlelight
Picnic in the park
BBQ and dance evening
Disco and music
Sit down dinner
Take out from somewhere

I’m a little confused
Try self motivation, physical exercises, enough sleep,take balanced diet and most importantly the will power to better your future,I hope that helps,am ready to discuss/talk more about this
Reply 4
Original post by linuskirwa
Try self motivation, physical exercises, enough sleep,take balanced diet and most importantly the will power to better your future,I hope that helps,am ready to discuss/talk more about this

Thanks a lot I really appreciate it! It’s just difficult my mental health is very poor rn and my a levels are lurking on me!
you may be having mental issues as you say but believe you me,there is a lot that can be done to better yourself,with patience,faith, prayers, professional medical interventions,all will be well,have faith,
we can even talk about it
Reply 7
you may be having mental issues as you say but believe you me,there is a lot that can be done to better yourself,with patience,faith, prayers, professional medical interventions,all will be well,have faith,

I really do appreciate it thank you. Keep me in your prayers and stay happy and safe
don't suffer while there is support,all will be well,will talk to you soon
probably in the course of this week
Reply 10
probably in the course of this week

Ok, thank you :smile:
Hey @ss11111

Sorry to hear that you're struggling 😓 I'm finding it tough with everything being online too! I try and get up early to do uni work on the days I don't have morning seminars. This helps keep me focused and allows me to have the rest of the day off to relax. I like to take an hour out for lunch and do some sort of exercise. I've found that a ten-minute walk outside helps to clear my head and get a change of scenery.

I also find it helpful to make lists and work through the revision I need to do. This is useful at the end as you can see how much you’ve completed (even if I you don’t feel like you’ve had a productive day). It’s also important to have days off, even if you’ve not managed to get all your revision done during the week. Make sure to get plenty of rest as well as revising. If I want to have a break, I usually FaceTime a friend. I also try to have some time off at the weekend too and grab a takeaway coffee with a friend and go out a walk 😊

Hope this helps!

Melissa- Student Ambassador
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hey @ss11111

Sorry to hear that you're struggling 😓 I'm finding it tough with everything being online too! I try and get up early to do uni work on the days I don't have morning seminars. This helps keep me focused and allows me to have the rest of the day off to relax. I like to take an hour out for lunch and do some sort of exercise. I've found that a ten-minute walk outside helps to clear my head and get a change of scenery.

I also find it helpful to make lists and work through the revision I need to do. This is useful at the end as you can see how much you’ve completed (even if I you don’t feel like you’ve had a productive day). It’s also important to have days off, even if you’ve not managed to get all your revision done during the week. Make sure to get plenty of rest as well as revising. If I want to have a break, I usually FaceTime a friend. I also try to have some time off at the weekend too and grab a takeaway coffee with a friend and go out a walk 😊

Hope this helps!

Melissa- Student Ambassador

Hi, thanks a lot! I’ll definitely begin a timetable/list kind of thing and take your advice. Hope you stay well during these tough times, take care!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending