The Student Room Group

When should I start revising for IGCSEs?

I've done most of my summary notes, but when is the ideal time to start actually memorising the content of subjects, and when should I begin doing past papers? (I prefer to do them when I already know all the content).

For November mocks, I have been able to get good grades with only 1 month of revision - however I was stressed and want to avoid this.

My first IGCSE is around early May.
Revise just before the Easter holidays
about Easter holiday time, that's when we were advised. can't say whether this works bc my exams were cancelled last year lol, but it seems like a reasonable time
Reply 3
thanks!

Original post by Starrynight5
about Easter holiday time, that's when we were advised. can't say whether this works bc my exams were cancelled last year lol, but it seems like a reasonable time

Original post by ChrAgy2003
Revise just before the Easter holidays
Original post by nara.her
I've done most of my summary notes, but when is the ideal time to start actually memorising the content of subjects, and when should I begin doing past papers? (I prefer to do them when I already know all the content).

For November mocks, I have been able to get good grades with only 1 month of revision - however I was stressed and want to avoid this.

My first IGCSE is around early May.

Pearson IGCSEs have been cancelled now 🥲
Reply 5
My advice would be not to wait till Easter. Most schools have cancelled the end of the year exams and therefore grades would have to be awarded on an ongoing assessment basis. Start right away. If you need any help with Chemistry revision, please ask.
Reply 6
i only started actually memorising my notes about a month before the actual exams and took about 2 weeks to go through all my subjects then i just did past years over and over again and managed to get 7A* 1A honestly really wasn't that hard my advice is to just keep doing as many past years as u can cus i can say 80% of questions are repeated

Quick Reply

Latest