TomKing6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello all,

First post on this page! I am a final year student and have accepted an offer from Deutsche Bank for their Finance Analyst role. However, I started thinking that completing my ACA exams will be near impossible due to the working hours they will demand of us. Therefore, I was thinking of taking the DB offer (its a one-year contract) but applying to Big 4 etc for their 2022 graduate programme. I would just need to take holidays etc. to get off for any assessment centres. Is that viable or will I be unlikely to get in?
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by TomKing6)
Hello all,

First post on this page! I am a final year student and have accepted an offer from Deutsche Bank for their Finance Analyst role. However, I started thinking that completing my ACA exams will be near impossible due to the working hours they will demand of us. Therefore, I was thinking of taking the DB offer (its a one-year contract) but applying to Big 4 etc for their 2022 graduate programme. I would just need to take holidays etc. to get off for any assessment centres. Is that viable or will I be unlikely to get in?
Have you applied to B4 or is DB your only offer? Assuming this is back office finance, your working hours shouldn't be too bad tbh and the pay is better than B4, nonetheless personally I think that the experience the B4 can offer is invaluable so would recommend applying...
TomKing6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by natninja)
Have you applied to B4 or is DB your only offer? Assuming this is back office finance, your working hours shouldn't be too bad tbh and the pay is better than B4, nonetheless personally I think that the experience the B4 can offer is invaluable so would recommend applying...
I applied but didn't complete the assessments due to receiving the offer from DB. If I was to join B4, it would be in 2022, rather than 2021. Would I be able to jump over to them in 2022 if I join DB this Summer? Thank you for the reply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (46)
37.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.03%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
23.39%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (22)
17.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise