Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi just wondering if anyone knows what date welcome/Freshers week is this year starting here this year and trying to work it out.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Will depend from uni to uni I rhink
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi just wondering if anyone knows what date welcome/Freshers week is this year starting here this year and trying to work it out.
Hi
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/about-us/term-dates/ this is the link to it. but I can see the confusion here because its still this years cohort.

So,
Michaelmas term starts 1st of October on the Friday. This means your lessons start on the Monday the 4th of October (as opposed to the Monday 5th last year)
This means you freshers week will be happening the week prior to that.Freshers will start on sunday the 27th of September to Sunday 3rd of October.
Arrivals period will be 18th-25th of september (should covid still be an issue).
Last year they implemented an ''Arrivals period''. this staggered the unis colleges coming in. So in the case of my eldest, she is in Grizedale ,and Grizdale and fylde colleges moved in on the 26th of September last year, the day before freshers started. Other colleges were earlier than that (I think furness was one of the first).
Because of covid she got an invitation to book a time slot to move in which is 2 hours long. The booking opened up about 4 days before move in day. She, and another person had the same time slot in their flat of 12.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (74)
11.8%
Virtual campus tours/open days (153)
24.4%
Live streaming events (51)
8.13%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (57)
9.09%
A uni comparison tool (146)
23.29%
An in-person event when available (146)
23.29%