Criminology Vs English literature Vs Law

Watch
TerryHallisgod
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey all! I've realized I do honestly kind of want to study English Literature and found out I do have a real love for it, but at the same time I want to do Criminology or law as my third a level. What I'm wondering is that, which one is more practical in todays age? Although I want to peruse a career in media (I've already chose Media Studies), I want to do the same in the police force! I'm just a little overwhelmed so any insight would be fantastic

(Places like Cambridge and Oxford look down at Criminology as it's a diploma so, that also plays a part in my decision, I'm kind of juggling a few balls here).
Thank you!
Last edited by TerryHallisgod; 4 months ago
stephiey
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
As english lit as a facilitating subject it will keep your options open and make you seem a more competitive applicant especially at top unis. Have you decided on a second alevel or are you trying to choose two out of english lit, criminology and law since you have settled on media studies?
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
There isn't an A level in Criminology - its a WJAC Diploma and it isn't as high academic standard as an A level and many top Universities will not accept it.

Do Law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (219)
43.71%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.18%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (38)
7.58%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.16%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.98%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.39%

Watched Threads