US vaccination program better than British version.

Watch
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Just been watching Newsnight (1 Feb 2021) I’m not a BBC fan but in New York everyone is entitled to the Vaccine when they want or need it.

There is no waiting list. All US citizens need to do there is book a vax appointment. Unlike here where there is a long waiting list.

The only disadvantage is those who don’t have a computer or internet access.

We should have the same system here.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You lied. They are doing a very similar program to us.
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/...-vaccines.page
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, that'd be utterly pointless even if it was the case. There are obviously huge benefits to prioritising vaccine roll-out to the most vulnerable. You might argue that they could book an appointment, but are you seriously suggesting they could all be done in a single day? No.
MatureStudent37
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
Just been watching Newsnight (1 Feb 2021) I’m not a BBC fan but in New York everyone is entitled to the Vaccine when they want or need it.

There is no waiting list. All US citizens need to do there is book a vax appointment. Unlike here where there is a long waiting list.

We would do shortly. However the Americans have a significantly higher vaccine manufacturing capability than the U.K. does.

it’s a case of vaccine availability. Now we’re getting the most vulnerable vaccinated, I think we’ll start to see a transition to first come, first serve.

the U.K. seems to be in a strong position globally and towering over our EU brethren.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lib put it nicely. Allowing any old schmuck to get the vaccine is dangerous and irresponsible given the at need groups should obviously come first when there is limited supply and capacity.
What you're advocating is to let the rich, young and un-needing get it first..
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)

Just to check, there is no wait list, just book an appointment?

So New York must be vaccinated by now, surely everyone has had chance over the last 3 days for a 15min appointment.

Thats ggggggggggreat!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%