The Student Room Group

st olaves entrance exam 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbiii._
i’m yellow A, and it’s never too late! you can always try and get a little bit in
what careers are you looking at?

Well hopefully a solicitor in either commercial, corporate, or maritime law. I'm quite lucky as my father has a few companies that said they'd be willing to give me a leg up if I'm up to scratch in terms of education and skills so its a great motivation!
i know you said you haven’t done too much revision but have you done anything for RS? it’s a bit of a difficult one to revise for since everyone does different themes for different religions

I am finding it so difficult! I think I am just going to revise everything I revised for my December mocks plus the rest of the course!
Reply 42
Original post by athena5967
Well hopefully a solicitor in either commercial, corporate, or maritime law. I'm quite lucky as my father has a few companies that said they'd be willing to give me a leg up if I'm up to scratch in terms of education and skills so its a great motivation!

wow that’s really good! i think for law and medicine work experience can definitely help get into uni and the courses that you want to study so it’s good that you have that motivation!
Reply 43
Original post by christiek14
I am finding it so difficult! I think I am just going to revise everything I revised for my December mocks plus the rest of the course!

with RS it’s a bit complicated like you said for a number of reasons. one of them being that ‘technically’ speaking they (idk if this is a bit far fetched 😅) can’t actually ask anything that’s directly related to one specific religion or anything that you must have taken GCSE RS to know. not everyone who does a level doesn’t it for gcse which means they won’t know the answers to questions like ‘what do christians believe about euthanasia, abortion etc’ because they wouldn’t know and that isn’t fair.

i don’t know if that makes sense but it’s something i’ve been taking into account with revision so i’ve just been looking at general topics like human rights and stuff like that
Reply 44
so how have you guys been preparing for your given subjects? just regular revision techniques?
so how have you guys been preparing for your given subjects? just regular revision techniques?

well ive been using seneca religiously for my mocks. its really good for the sciences and it has a crash course for econ so ill start that tonight lol.
i also cleared one of my walls and have divided it into sections for each subject. in each section i have summary sticky notes of literally everything im unsure on or less confident in, or will have...
(edited 3 years ago)
for physics we’re done technically speaking but i’m not, long story short i do triple science but i’m in a double class since they refused to move me as there’s no space so i’ve been teaching myself all the additional content
chemistry we’re on using resources again nearly done but not for me 😬
and biology we’re done
all this is AQA btw

also what are you wearing to the exam? they said warm but smart so idkkkkkk

Um I'm wearing a light dull pink turtleneck because idk where my white one is with a slip underneath, a nice thick skirt (its wool and lined so its really warm but also formal) and a navy blazer. im also bringing a super thick cardigan (im too small for it so Im being drowned in it but yknow its warm so idc) which ill either wear over my blazer or just bring it with me and put it on inside if needed. and ofc tights. OH and im bringing fingerless gloves because my hands are hard to move when they're cold so that could be a good idea if you dont want your writing speed to decrease from muscle freezing. hope that helpsss
well ive been using seneca religiously for my mocks. its really good for the sciences and it has a crash course for econ so ill start that tonight lol.
i also cleared one of my walls and have divided it into sections for each subject. in each section i have summary sticky notes of literally everything im unsure on or less confident in, or will have...

omg yes I also used seneca for every subject in the lead up to my mocks! which economics course are you hyping to look at because there are various exam boards and i am unsure of which to choose :smile:
Original post by christiek14
omg yes I also used seneca for every subject in the lead up to my mocks! which economics course are you hyping to look at because there are various exam boards and i am unsure of which to choose :smile:

I just decided to do the summer accelerator for aqa, I haven't started it but it was the shortest one I think, plus it was made to prepare for A level so it'll probably be good to help with the foundations
I just decided to do the summer accelerator for aqa, I haven't started it but it was the shortest one I think, plus it was made to prepare for A level so it'll probably be good to help with the foundations

okay great. thank you
Reply 50
Um I'm wearing a light dull pink turtleneck because idk where my white one is with a slip underneath, a nice thick skirt (its wool and lined so its really warm but also formal) and a navy blazer. im also bringing a super thick cardigan (im too small for it so Im being drowned in it but yknow its warm so idc) which ill either wear over my blazer or just bring it with me and put it on inside if needed. and ofc tights. OH and im bringing fingerless gloves because my hands are hard to move when they're cold so that could be a good idea if you dont want your writing speed to decrease from muscle freezing. hope that helpsss

alright thanks!
Reply 51
Hello Everyone

I am not sure how I can revise or prepare for the maths, chemistry and RE Sixth Form entrance tests?
Original post by ManusO
Hello Everyone

I am not sure how I can revise or prepare for the maths, chemistry and RE Sixth Form entrance tests?

I'm not sure about the others but for chemistry, Seneca and GCSEPod if you have it is quite good! also, because I forgot about the test (ik im really forgetful and dumb), I'm just picking out like 4/5 out of 7 topics to revise thoroughly (imma skim the rest briefly to prep for the multiple choice) to make it easier to prepare as we don't have to answer more than like 3? questions out of the 5 given. hope that helps!
Reply 53
I'm not sure about the others but for chemistry, Seneca and GCSEPod if you have it is quite good! also, because I forgot about the test (ik im really forgetful and dumb), I'm just picking out like 4/5 out of 7 topics to revise thoroughly (imma skim the rest briefly to prep for the multiple choice) to make it easier to prepare as we don't have to answer more than like 3? questions out of the 5 given. hope that helps!

you’re gonna revise the whole course? you said 4/5 out of 7
Reply 54
Original post by ManusO
Hello Everyone

what have you done for RE if anything?
you’re gonna revise the whole course? you said 4/5 out of 7

so im gonna go through like 4 or 5 topics properly and then the rest i’ll go through briefly like my weakest points and main points of the others units
i am just doing the topic i am not sure of in science and maths instead of wasting time on topics i do know
Reply 57
so im gonna go through like 4 or 5 topics properly and then the rest i’ll go through briefly like my weakest points and main points of the others units

okay because revising the whole course in detail is a lotttt
Reply 58
do you guys think the questions are gonna be like (for section b)
question 1,2 etc as just whole questions or like 1a,b,c etc
because i just thought there would be like 5 questions on different topics that are just singular not with additional parts if that makes sense
yh that is what i was thinking too, i think it might be whole questions but cuz it’s st olaves there might be sections or even if it is whole questions they might be challenging if ygm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending