The Student Room Group

st olaves entrance exam 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by abyshakant
i am just doing the topic i am not sure of in science and maths instead of wasting time on topics i do know

like what as in the whole course or just the stuff you’ve covered in school
(edited 3 years ago)
just the stuff i’ve covered in school
and do you know what they mean by design experiment for biology??
Original post by abbiii._
for physics we’re done technically speaking but i’m not, long story short i do triple science but i’m in a double class since they refused to move me as there’s no space so i’ve been teaching myself all the additional content
chemistry we’re on using resources again nearly done but not for me 😬
and biology we’re done
all this is AQA btw

also what are you wearing to the exam? they said warm but smart so idkkkkkk

My best advice is be comfortable and presentable - get a jumper or hoodie with a comfy (but not too casual) pair of jeans, or if you want to smarten it up, a white shirt with a sweater vest or something - but remember, you're not there to look at people, you're there to sit an important exam, so make sure you feel comfortable in what you're wearing, rather than wearing for style - no one wants to be in an itchy skirt or tight shirt when they're nervous or in an exam - it'll just stress you out more I promise!

And thanks haha, good luck to you all!

also, we're about finished, technically, but our teachers have rushed through a lot of the content, and just set entire topics for us to revise as homework, so that's great :biggrin:
and do you know what they mean by design experiment for biology??

i assumed they meant the required practicals we had to do from yr9- yr11
Original post by athena5967
i assumed they meant the required practicals we had to do from yr9- yr11

what topics are you currently revising for physics and maths?
what topics are you currently revising for physics and maths?

sorry idk im not doing those
Reply 67
did anyone do the test today? if so, how was it?
Original post by christiek14
Hey I’m not in the blue group but is anyone in the orange group on the 25th? In terms of revision im literally the same for econ, maths, geo and rs.

hi omg im doing rs too how did you find the test?
Reply 69
Original post by elemeno3

did you do it today?
Original post by abbiii._
did you do it today?

nope im doing it tomorrow. i'm kinda scared bc i don't know what the format of the test is gonna be like. do you think the questions will be different tomorrow bc otherwise ppl could just tell us what came up?
Original post by elemeno3

Lol i they weren’t too bad, but I definitely struggled a bit in every exam. How did everyone else find it?
Lol i they weren’t too bad, but I definitely struggled a bit in every exam. How did everyone else find it?

i haven't done it yet but i've heard people say rs and geography were hard
Reply 73

how were the questions? basic gcse or very advanced? i heard the RS exam questions isn’t based on GCSE content at all

What topics would you say I should revise for in the RS exam?
Original post by ADerele3
What topics would you say I should revise for in the RS exam?

Btw I'm doing economics, RS, CS, and Biology.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ADerele3
Btw I'm doing economics, RS, CS, and Biology.

I took the test today. Economics was very hard. I’d really recommend you focus on that. Don’t think I have any chance of getting in now 😭 Ughh
Original post by emilywilsonsxo
I took the test today. Economics was very hard. I’d really recommend you focus on that. Don’t think I have any chance of getting in now 😭 Ughh

did you take bio, chem, maths or dt ?
Original post by emilywilsonsxo

Was it mainly calculations and analysing graphs
if anyone did rs , bio, chem or maths what were questions like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending