The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

St John's College

Hi, could any current Durham student tell me if St John's is as religious/'boring' as people say? It personally ticks all of my boxes, but I'm worried that since I'm not religious or musical that I wouldn't fit in. I have an offer for English literature.
Reply 1
My daughter is at St Johns. It's not boring and has lots going on, it has a fair few people that are religous but def not the majority. Before arriving you complete a questionnaire re room type wanted and personality traits so that you can be placed on a corridor with like minded people.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Muser99
My daughter is at St Johns. It's not boring and has lots going on, it has a fair few people that are religous but def not the majority. Before arriving you complete a questionnaire re room type wanted and personality traits so that you can be placed on a corridor with like minded people.

Update: I've been allocated to St John's and am very excited to be joining in September!
Reply 3
Original post by c.aux18
Update: I've been allocated to St John's and am very excited to be joining in September!

I am sure you will love it. Its a very friendly college and there are lots of opportunities to get involved in stuff even with the Covid restrictions. For example they did a treasure hunt where if you found the tokens you could exchange them for small prizes and there were various inter household competitions too that were fun but covid safe.
Original post by c.aux18
Hi, could any current Durham student tell me if St John's is as religious/'boring' as people say? It personally ticks all of my boxes, but I'm worried that since I'm not religious or musical that I wouldn't fit in. I have an offer for English literature.

As I've indicated elsewhere on TSR, the link to a theological college won't impact on student undergrad life and you'll have lots of fun: balls, good bar, formals, right on the Bailey plus there's a wide mix of undergrads.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending