The Student Room Group

is 10 hours of revision a week enough for a-levels?

can i get A* AA (or similar) with just 10 hours of revision a week? I'm doing History, Politics and Economics.

I'm diagnosed with ADHD and I can't revise for over 10 hours max. (even 10 hours is very difficult for me) I'm in year 12.
can't lie, nah you need to do more than that if you want to get an A star
Who knows you might be able to crack it by squeezing in alot of productivity within those hours and get your grades, but it's too risky. You have a higher chance by doing more work than that
Reply 2
If that is in addition to lessons, then yes - you may need to do more closer to the time, but for now the focus should be on consistent high quality revision, and looking after yourself by not pushing yourself too hard. I probably only did an hour or two of extra revision (i.e. not homework or cramming for class tests) outside of lessons each week until maybe Christmas of year 13, because I was really struggling and I needed to prioritise my health. I did more after that (but not massive amounts until study leave), and ended up with good grades which I wouldn't have got if I'd pushed myself too hard early on and made myself ill.
Original post by Interea
If that is in addition to lessons, then yes - you may need to do more closer to the time, but for now the focus should be on consistent high quality revision, and looking after yourself by not pushing yourself too hard. I probably only did an hour or two of extra revision (i.e. not homework or cramming for class tests) outside of lessons each week until maybe Christmas of year 13, because I was really struggling and I needed to prioritise my health. I did more after that (but not massive amounts until study leave), and ended up with good grades which I wouldn't have got if I'd pushed myself too hard early on and made myself ill.

i'll definitely take that advice... thank you :smile:
Original post by basolateral
can't lie, nah you need to do more than that if you want to get an A star
Who knows you might be able to crack it by squeezing in alot of productivity within those hours and get your grades, but it's too risky. You have a higher chance by doing more work than that

thanks for the advice. i'll do my best to try and add a few hours extra on top of the 10.
Reply 5
Original post by helpmeplsthanku
thanks for the advice. i'll do my best to try and add a few hours extra on top of the 10.

I think with around 10-15 hours of revision a week you will be fine! As long as they are quality revision sessions e.g. you're not constantly taking phone breaks or spending hours making the title on your notes pretty.

Quick Reply

Latest